Imagine my surprise

When I walked into a hobby store in Tulsa Oklahoma and saw a Harry Potter Train set made by Marklin (OO hall and carriages made in China) would one of the wise persons on this group enlighten me as to whether this is a re-badged Bachmann product, or is it completely different. They were charging Marklin prices US$ 450 for the set. I think they will go out of business unless it is much better than Bachmann

David

Reply to
chorleydnc

Probably just a re badged Hornby product

Reply to
FRANCIS TUCKLEY

wrote

You're not wrong about Marklin - they recently went into administration and the busiess has been acquired by a UK based finance house, so for the first time in their history they are not German owned.

I think (might be wrong) that Bachmann have exclusive marketing rights for the Harry Potter name in the model railway market for the USA.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Reply to
Graeme Hearn

Reply to
Graeme Hearn

They do indeed.

-- Cheers

Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

If it's the same as the 2004 set, the the loco and coach bodies were supplied by hornby - Marklin added the chassis on the loco for their stud contact system.

It was not avilable in the UK although did appear in the trade price list but orders for it were not fulfilled. Tim

Reply to
tim