sorta ot- honda quality!

I picked up this '75 Honda CB360 for $50.00 and i planned on parting it out. It was laying on it's side in a yard with a bunch of wrecked cars and trucks around it. I found a set of carbs on ebay and fiddled with it for a couple days. Well the thing runs and works great! This bike was last inspected in

1986 and it sat outside through the winters of NY and she still runs. I stuck about $50.00 worth of parts into it just so it looks, runs, and stops good (and some flat black paint and elbow grease). Any ideas for it would be appreciated. I was thinking of making it a hill climber and extending the ass end of it, or just a beater bike for the trails around here.

pic:

walt

Reply to
wallster

Nice work!! If it were me, I'd just ride the thing back and forth to work. You can't kill those CB360s.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Chuckle..Ive got a 73' XL-350 the same way. Runs like a champ after sitting for about 10 yrs in the sun and rain.

Gunner

"In my humble opinion, the petty carping levied against Bush by the Democrats proves again, it is better to have your eye plucked out by an eagle than to be nibbled to death by ducks." - Norman Liebmann

Reply to
Gunner

Jim, I've got a '91 harley fxr to ride, but between the two mini-choppers and this bike, the harley just sits there. I dont have a title for the honda but i know a couple of friends that have cb360 titles, but the bikes are long gone. I could slap a few lights and a horn on it and head out on the road, but then i would have to register it and pay even more insurance. I live in NY so i pay too much now. My first street bike (when i was 16) was a cb360... you really can't kill 'em!

walt

Reply to
wallster

Any ideas for it would be

Flattracker, maybe?

-- Gary Brady Austin, TX

Gary Brady

Small world, I'm in Peekskill. I pay about sixty bucks a year for my KLR-250 so I bet the CB would be about the same. I find that I'm taking the kaw for most of my local errands, handles great and 50 mpg. Dirt roads a bonus!

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

i'm a little ways from you, just outside of Buffalo. The cb is a cool bike, i'll use it off road. walt

Reply to
wallster

Reply to
Wayne Mak