Revell v. Revell Germany 1/32 Aircraft

a view of the Revell website shows zero 1/32 aircraft. They used to offer zillions of them.

Now it appears that they are only available thru Revell Germany. There has been discussion here about the price of kits keeping kids from starting, and for some to stay with the hobby. I see that the

1/48 Revell Germany B-17 Memphis Belle is going for close to $40. The Revell version of that would probably be around $25. For the exact same kit.

Anyone know why Revell or Revell/Monogram bugged out of the large scale aircraft kits? If I was a kid trying to get started, I would rather start on a $15 P-51 instead of a $40 version. And for me, with not the best eyesight and zero interest in detailing, a $15 kit sounds just about perfect. But there aren't any to be had..........

Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

i heard sales on most were poor. also, how many built 4 engine bombers have you seem? they're huge and really tale up space. i've only seen one built 1/48 pby. it's HUGE. it was also an amazing build.

Reply to
someone

yeah, I have 7 1/48 B-17's and 2 B-58's in the attic.... probably gonna stay there too.

Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

hmmm, i could use a b-58. anything you want to trade? sorry, my matchbox privateer is not on the block.

Reply to
someone

when i was a kid all i wanted to build was big 4 engine bombers. the size of them is what made them so appealing. do you have any idea how many firecrackers you can stuff into a 1/48 B-29? i still remember how it looked soaring through the air on it's maiden and final flight before pieces of plastic shot apart like so many bits of schrapnel. ah memories.

Sean Neilan

snipped-for-privacy@some.doma> > >a view of the Revell website shows zero 1/32 aircraft. They used to

Reply to
seaneilan

The re-issue that was due back in october '08 is showing on Tower Hobbies site as late january...fingers crossed.

Mark

Reply to
Mark

ok.