revell/monogram 1/32 armor

Hi all,I recently got the 1/32 monogram "panzerspahwagen(sp?)" from Squadron Mail Order.I have previously gotten the 1/32 M3 Lee an M4 Sherman as well.Are there any indications that Monogram may be re-issueing their other

1/32 armor kits,from long ago?I for one would like to collect and build them to add to the few 1/32 21stCentury armor I have collected.I typically do 1/48 and 1/32 wwii prop aircraft and these seem like an entry level way to approach armor building.Thank you in advance, Kelly Voyles Hanford,Calif.
Reply to
Teresa Voyles

They tend to repop them from time to time as "golden oldies" as they know they still have their fans. You just have to wait for them to come around in the cycle every 7-10 years or so.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

Thanks,Cookie! i hope to see the weasel,Brummbar and a few others.Didn't they do an armored car,an M8,i think? Kelly wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@v2g2000vba.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Teresa Voyles

that would be great to have them again, with Shep's diorama plans too! I bought all these tank kits thru Monogram mail order for $5 each in the early 70's.

Would not mind having the figure set too, even in its crude form.

Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

"Teresa Voyles" wrote in news:3tSdnQJ2wdJjyszTnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

You can usually find all the German armor on Ebay, fairly cheap. I have all the German stuff.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Would not mind having the figure set too, even in its crude form.

Revell did a 1/40th figure set to go with their original military kits (and the ADAMS kits). I don't remember a 1/32 set that would go with the Monogram kits. Maybe something our local 5 & 10s and variety stores missed.

I keep hoping for re-pops on more of the early space and rocket kits like the XLS and space station.

Val Kraut

Reply to
Val Kraut

Gray Ghost wrote the following:

Do not dismiss Amazon.com. They also have models in Toys and Games.

Reply to
willshak

"Val Kraut" wrote in news:4e51b715$0$21185$ snipped-for-privacy@cv.net:

I am alomost positive they didn't. During the first go around back in the

70s I had to use ready made and painted Germans to populate a diorama or two. I'm thinking a hard rubber. Was the only 1/32 Germans I could find.

I also have a couple of the catalogs they used to put in the boxes. No 1/32 figures listed.

Airfix multipose is the best bet for these. They have DAK and regular Wehrmacht though I am not sure of the time period. I'd say early war uniforms, but you can sorta get away with it through mid 1944, though the Panzer IVs and all the variants are most likely late war, as in fall/winter '44 or later.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

willshak wrote in news:yZKdnSbTsIfVIszTnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@supernews.com:

That's true. I've seen them on Amazon, too.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

"> I am alomost positive they didn't. During the first go around back in the

There were some lead figures close to 1/32 when the miniature folks were still trying to home in on what 54mm scale really was. I remember doing a set of Afrika Korps troops to go with a Panzer IV from one of the Japanese Companies - which didn't survive one of our moves.

Val Kraut

Reply to
Val Kraut

others.Didn't

news: snipped-for-privacy@v2g2000vba.googlegroups.com...

Didn't know that...thanks!

Reply to
Matt Wiser

Yep - here's the original info:

PM35 US Army Military Figures -- eighteen figures. This set includes a Harley Davidson WLA 45, M60 machine gun team, mine detector with operator, and a 60mm mortar. All with =93shadow=94 bases.

The Harley was pretty much in two parts - motorcycle and handebars - from what I recall. Some figures had extra bits as did the mortar and machine gun but most were two piece figures (base and figure).

Not bad for ninety-eight cents back in 1958!

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

want to piss off a harley guy? tell him how the troops couldn't wait to ditch the harleys for brit bikes like the bsa m20's. because they ran.

Reply to
someone

Having seen a friend of mine thrown six feet in the air by the starter pedal of a WLA45 he got "cheap" in the 1960s I can understand that...

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

they were never fixed properly. it's sad because there they are relatively abundent and while the aftermarket has stuff to make them start and run, they force some visual alterations. they are very underpowered, hard to start and taking them off really good roads means a real jolting and rough ride. even shifting gears is a pain and the clutch's like to engage without warning. too bad the boxer indian was even worse and never perfected. hate someone? give them one of each....

Reply to
someone