Help! Need 1/48 Tamiya Brewster Buffalo decals, mine damaged

Does anybody have decals for the Tamiya 1/48 Brewster F2A-2 Buffalo, the 1990's release with yellow wing US Navy markings? The set in my kit, the backing paper has cracked and on soaking and applying the decals they disintegrated.

Tamiya customer service says this kit is OOP, although it is on their website?

I really need only half the sheet, as I'm building the USS Saratoga version with the Felix the cat emblem on the side. (Black not the blue bands)

Please email me if anyone can help. Worst case is it possible to repair the sheet? I've heard of applying something over the decals by brush or airbrush?

Thanks in advance, Peter B

Reply to
PT Ball

I don't know how many of the decals you've got left; you can use Micro Decal Film to save them. You just brush a thin coat over them with a brush, it will level nicely and preserve the inks underneath. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

Hi Peter,

I may be able to trace them and post but am in uk.

Contact me if you are still struggling.

Cheers, Stephen Sunny Edinburgh

Reply to
Stephen Leslie

I have what you need and you can have the whole sheet. I plan to do a Dutch machine with my kit. E-mail me with your address and I'll get them in the mail for you.

~Rick Ewing~

Reply to
REwing

If that doesn't work, contact us! We're happy to secure Japanese hobby kit parts for people anywhere direct from the manufacturers.

Reply to
Scott T. Hards