Digital Cameras pt. 2

Thanks to everybody who responded to my previous question. I know very little about photography - digital or otherwise - so your advice was appreciated. Currently I am considering a Minolta Dimage Z1 (yes, I know it's not within the price range I originally asked about). However I am still open to any further advice and/or warnings.

Reply to
Joe Jefferson

I bought a Nikon Coolpix and love it. The macro mode is outstandinf for someone like me that is a modeler and not a photographer. I have a 995, but the 4500 is the latest (I think) and a bit smaller than mine.

Add it to your list for checkout if it fits your budget.

Reply to
Rufus

ZI is an excellent choice - we just replaced a Minolta S304 with a Z2. For a few $ more, consider a Z2 - several improvements over the Z1. If cost is a real issue, several places are selling the discontinued Minolta S-414 for $199.

Jack

Reply to
Jack G

Maybe this will help.