Indian Air Force decals

I was looking through a few referance sorces on the Canberra and thought it would be nice to make a model in Indian markings, I have several other aircraft I would also like to finish as Indian aircraft, such as the radar equiped Jaguar. Does anyone know of a source of marking that would alow Me to model such aircraft.......... I am also thinking of finishing a TSR2 in Indian markings which is a reasonable idea as it was to replace Canberras

Thanks in advance

Gondor

Reply to
Gondor

The new Xtradecal Hawker Hunter sheet has Indian roundels and fin flashes. From what I have seen of Indian Canberras, their roundels were smaller than the equivalent RAF ones, so the Hunter roundels may well be suitable.

The roundels on the Jaguars were considerably smaller than those on the Hunter. They may well have been similar in size to the ones used on the MiG-21, in which case Albatros Decals 72012 and 72013 may provide something suitable.

?FULL=ALC72013 I have the Hunter sheet and very nice it is too! I'm looking forward to building the Singaporean Hunter in USAF SEA camouflage with British colours substituted.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

"Enzo Matrix" wrote> The new Xtradecal Hawker Hunter sheet has Indian roundels and fin flashes. From what I have seen of Indian Canberras, their roundels were smaller than the equivalent RAF ones, so the Hunter roundels may well be suitable.

The roundels on the Jaguars were considerably smaller than those on the Hunter. They may well have been similar in size to the ones used on the MiG-21, in which case Albatros Decals 72012 and 72013 may provide something suitable.
I have the Hunter sheet and very nice it is too! I'm looking forward to building the Singaporean Hunter in USAF SEA camouflage with British colours substituted.

That is all well and good, but it does not help with Squadron badges or other similar marking, I will also want to use the Extralecal Hunter markings for Hunters, yet another great British aircraft.

Gondor

Reply to
Gondor

Visit this site and try to contact the webmaster:

dancho