New release from Airfix.......woohooo!!!!

Take a look here :

at long last, perhaps this will turn into one of the most eagerly awaited kits of next year, I'm beginning to wonder if when I made the change in my preferred scale to 1/48, it was an error on my part.

Happy modelling Ant

Reply to
Ant Phillips

dats a nice.

WOW Anyone got a line on a price?

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

another 5 sec and i would have posted this before you, u bugger!! i forgot to psot it a few hours ago so all my own fault.

Anyway i was wondering how much more the tooling and costs would have been for a 48th scale? curious, i may just buy 2 (at that sugg maybe price). would have preferd 48th but im not greedy, the plane doesnt float my boat so to speak.

Though 48th would sell more, even at more rrp

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

oops should have read further lol

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

Yeah, but read the blurb REAL CLOSE.

Either this kit is grossly out of scale or it's really in 1/720... 37 mm long is only about an inch and a half!

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

Yahoo! - 'bout time! And I've just picked up the relevant issue of Wings of Fame... it was meant to be. Although until I've got plastic in my hand, I'm not counting chickens... But it does mean I can add to my phantom RAAF collection - how's a TSR2 in Aussie style F-111 cammo bite you? And I can still build the Dynavector version 'for real'. If I ever get one...

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Details, details! :-)

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

You can put it on the board,,,,,YESSSSS!

Kim M

Reply to
Royabulgaf

See! If you aggravate a company for 40 years or so, you CAN get what you want!

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Oh baby, oh yeah oh yeah oh yeah TSR2

Reply to
TSR2

"chief test pilot Roland Beaumont..."

I thought is was Beamont?

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

At this price I shall start saving to buy enough for a whole squadron!! Seriously though I think three of four would do me, one as a protatype aircraft, one in Australian markings based on F-111 colour scheme and the third in Brittish marking, just have to decide which though, white with pale squadron marking, "borrowed" from V bombers, or gloss RAF germany marking, or even wrap round marking, then there is the consideration of which squadron, decitions decitions.......but then we have a year to think about it. Alastair Macfarlane

Reply to
Gondor

Spoke to Mr Airfix at Telford today, its confirmed and funds done for the TSR2 so 100% cert bext year.

Next Mar (ish)is the RE issue of the 48th Bucc BUT in one box for RAF and RN Variants rather than seperate as before, 72nd not due to be re issued.

Had a good, it was a last min disicion to go so hardly had any cash, i did get nearly 40, yes 40 72nd etch sets from Airwaves for a pound each (thanks Ted Taylor), some i have never seen and others i have searched high and even higher for.

Kits of interest i picked up was antother 24th Aifix Harrier AV8-GR3, 48th Revel (P-M) A 37, and a 72nd Dragon Warrier Iraqi thing and 3 of these Master Craft Hobby kits 72nd SU 20 / 22 and 17 things, not bad for the price.

Lots of kits cheap and good stuff.

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

lucky stiff.

617, what else?

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

That had me confused for a moment. They probably meant 37cm. That would bring it back to 1/72.

Seems like the people from Airfix (or maybe Hannats) are having a bit of a problem with the metric system.

Cheers Ultan

Reply to
Ultan Rooney

a guy i spoke with on the 'what if' SIG stand at telford [which incidentially had lots of TSR2's on] joked about buying crates of the kit when it comes out.

t.

Reply to
87015

incidentially

he said that to me too

It seems Concorde sold well, not a thing i wanted, but i will take a few TSR2's myself.

I forgot what also is out next year, Airfix had a list that thye show they shoed people and a lot of fuss and exitment

Reply to
JULIAN HALES