New release from Airfix.......woohooo!!!!

Take a look here :

at long last, perhaps this will turn into one of the most eagerly awaited
kits of next year, I'm beginning to wonder if when I made the change in my
preferred scale to 1/48, it was an error on my part.
Happy modelling
Ant
Reply to
Ant Phillips
WOW Anyone got a line on a price?
Reply to
Eyeball2002308
another 5 sec and i would have posted this before you, u bugger!! i forgot to psot it a few hours ago so all my own fault.
Anyway i was wondering how much more the tooling and costs would have been for a 48th scale? curious, i may just buy 2 (at that sugg maybe price). would have preferd 48th but im not greedy, the plane doesnt float my boat so to speak.
Though 48th would sell more, even at more rrp
Reply to
JULIAN HALES
oops should have read further lol
Reply to
Eyeball2002308
Yeah, but read the blurb REAL CLOSE.
Either this kit is grossly out of scale or it's really in 1/720... 37 mm long is only about an inch and a half!
Cookie Sewell
Reply to
AMPSOne
Yahoo! - 'bout time! And I've just picked up the relevant issue of Wings of Fame... it was meant to be. Although until I've got plastic in my hand, I'm not counting chickens... But it does mean I can add to my phantom RAAF collection - how's a TSR2 in Aussie style F-111 cammo bite you? And I can still build the Dynavector version 'for real'. If I ever get one...
RobG
Reply to
Rob Grinberg
Details, details! :-)
Bill Shuey
Reply to
William H. Shuey
You can put it on the board,,,,,YESSSSS!
Kim M
Reply to
Royabulgaf
See! If you aggravate a company for 40 years or so, you CAN get what you want!
Bill Banaszak, MFE
Reply to
Mad-Modeller
Oh baby, oh yeah oh yeah oh yeah TSR2
Reply to
TSR2
"chief test pilot Roland Beaumont..."
I thought is was Beamont?
The Keeper (of too much crap!)
Reply to
Keeper
At this price I shall start saving to buy enough for a whole squadron!! Seriously though I think three of four would do me, one as a protatype aircraft, one in Australian markings based on F-111 colour scheme and the third in Brittish marking, just have to decide which though, white with pale squadron marking, "borrowed" from V bombers, or gloss RAF germany marking, or even wrap round marking, then there is the consideration of which squadron, decitions decitions.......but then we have a year to think about it. Alastair Macfarlane
Reply to
Gondor
Spoke to Mr Airfix at Telford today, its confirmed and funds done for the TSR2 so 100% cert bext year.
Next Mar (ish)is the RE issue of the 48th Bucc BUT in one box for RAF and RN Variants rather than seperate as before, 72nd not due to be re issued.
Had a good, it was a last min disicion to go so hardly had any cash, i did get nearly 40, yes 40 72nd etch sets from Airwaves for a pound each (thanks Ted Taylor), some i have never seen and others i have searched high and even higher for.
Kits of interest i picked up was antother 24th Aifix Harrier AV8-GR3, 48th Revel (P-M) A 37, and a 72nd Dragon Warrier Iraqi thing and 3 of these Master Craft Hobby kits 72nd SU 20 / 22 and 17 things, not bad for the price.
Lots of kits cheap and good stuff.
Reply to
JULIAN HALES
617, what else?
Bill Shuey
Reply to
William H. Shuey
That had me confused for a moment. They probably meant 37cm. That would bring it back to 1/72.
Seems like the people from Airfix (or maybe Hannats) are having a bit of a problem with the metric system.
Cheers Ultan
Reply to
Ultan Rooney
a guy i spoke with on the 'what if' SIG stand at telford [which incidentially had lots of TSR2's on] joked about buying crates of the kit when it comes out.
t.
Reply to
87015
incidentially
he said that to me too
It seems Concorde sold well, not a thing i wanted, but i will take a few TSR2's myself.
I forgot what also is out next year, Airfix had a list that thye show they shoed people and a lot of fuss and exitment
Reply to
JULIAN HALES