NC4 images needed

I am building a model of the Curtiss NC4 flying boat. I have good scale drawings and some images of exterior. I really need cockpit info, however. Anyone aware of good reference photos of these areas? I particularly need color of the seat upholstery. Even if no photos, is anyone aware of the color of the seats?

Any good books on the subject?

Don

Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minneapolis

Don

Drop me a line. I can put together a nice packet of material for you.

Tom Young MAI Research Service

Reply to
Maiesm72

Contact the National Museum of Naval Aviation in Pensacola. They have the original NC-4. I have a number of photos I have taken of it, but you cannot get up into the cockpit. They have helped me on other research projects.

I would like to know what drawings you have. E-mail me at: snipped-for-privacy@excel.com please.

You may also want to get a copy of "First Across!" by Richard K. Smith. No longer published by the Naval Institute, but I found 23 on Amazon tonight. Has some pictures, but nothing really of the cockpit. Fascinating story even if the pictures are no help.

John W. Alger IPMS 10906

John Alger