Armenian Air Force - Decals?

I spend most of my time modelling WWII propeller driven aircraft, so I thought I'd dabble in a side project as a break from Spits, Bf109's, Mustangs and Zero's.

Harking back to my ethnic roots, I decided to do some research on the Armenian Air Force and lit upon the idea to build some of the aircraft in the AAF's order of battle.

The four that I have settled on are the Armenian-owned Su-25 Frogfoot, Mil-24 Hind, the Aero L-39 Albatross and lastly, the Russian MIG-29 Fulcrum's that fly out of their base at Gyumri.

The trouble is, of course, having no resources to make my own decals, and with no mainstream decal maker that I know of doing Armenian roundels, I am kind of stuck for markings.

Research material is a bit patchy, but it looks like the roundel is made up of four rings. A red outer ring, followed by a blue ring, then an orange inner ring and a white centre. From the L-39 markings I have seen, it looks like the roundel goes on the tail and upper and lower wing surfaces. I have no material for the Su-25. The MIG-29 is in Russian markings for which there is plenty of reference.

Does anyone know a good technique to paint roundels that they can share with me. I will, of course, experiment (not having needed to before) but I'm hoping someone can help me avoid re-inventing the wheel. Any more information on markings would be appreciated as well. Given the lack of information I may (heaven's forbid) have to improvise.

Thanks!

Reply to
ArmoFool

You could make those by using a circle cutter to trim solid-color decal film and applying in layers - just paint it the correct colors beforehand if need be.

There's a different (more current?) version of the Armenian national markings available for download at

.

Reply to
Al Superczynski