PLEASE...

Rufus wrote in news:K4l2j.213960$Fc.173731@attbi_s21:
Aside from the fact that it's only an uninteresting Superbug, why don't you want anyone else to to this?
RobG (The Aussie one)
Reply to
RobG
...It's a Growler. And he put AIM-9s on the ends of the tip pods. That ain't EVEN close to right.
Mimics all of the mistakes folks make with GBU-24s...
Reply to
Rufus
I still want to see the sub-hunting variant of the F-18, with the MAD boom sticking out the tail, and nuclear depth charges and torpedoes under the wings. :-)
Pat
Reply to
Pat Flannery
They sure do seem to want to make one airframe do everything, don't they? Now, if they can put a retractable rotor blade on it... :-)
Pat
Reply to
Pat Flannery
Go ahead and make it a "what-if" like that Sikorsky design from the 1950s. (Check the Anigrand website to see for yourself)... I was toying with the idea of a rocket booster like the SR.53 but really can't find a backstory to justify it.
Reply to
The Old Man
Rufus wrote in news:2dn2j.214106$Fc.93452@attbi_s21:
Ahhh. 'Scuse my ignorance. Or maybe it's indifference... Either way, Bugs just don't do it for me. But you're right, that's wrong.
RobG (The Aussie one)
Reply to
RobG
Hi Rufus,
Not that I am an expert but I did just find a picture of one with the AIM-9's, though not the same one the model depicts.
The reference could be wrong & it is infact an F-18E with the electronics,but I don't know about the difference's between marks, but do see link below to article & further link direct to image:
(Scroll down to 'Contracts & Other Key Developments')
Cheers, Stephen.
Reply to
SL
Hmmm....just found this pic w/ what appears to be the AIM-9s w/ the rest of the growler stuff underslung...
Reply to
OldSchool
Please don't get Too Mad at what I am gonna say here. But = I'm one of those people who sometimes put those Large Guided Bombs and Missiles underneath the Wing of the Plane just because they seem to LooK Sooooooo CooL hanging there beneath a different wing like that.
And Yesss I sometimes Know they don't belong there. But Darn it they just LooK really really Sharp hanging there though
I guess that's one of the many reasons I think that they call it modeling :) :) :)
Sorry Everyone - Okay - Now you Know one of my Deepest =n- Darkest Secrets
... Carl ..........
,,
Reply to
cyberborg 4000
That was a prototype modified FA-18E used to test out the systems for the EA-18G; here's a better shot of it:
Pat
Reply to
Pat Flannery
The Revell Chuck Yeager from their X-1 kit is flying my 1/35th scale manned A4b at the moment. Speaking of Revell; did they make a X-2 or X-1B way, way back? I seem to remember seeing those advertised on the side of one of there boxes as a kid.
Pat
Reply to
Pat Flannery
Rufus wrote
Nope. I DO own a couple of 'em (goes to check...). actually, only one, and it's destined for Tiger Meet markings (Another fetish of mine). So unless I find any more 18s in stripes (I know, there's some low-viz grey ones around - but that's just wrong, IMO), it will remain the one and only in the stash. I can't even get excited about the Aussie ones. (c:
RobG (The Aussie one)
Reply to
RobG

Site Timeline