PLEASE...

Pat Flannery wrote:

Yup. I'll have to look at the airspace and see what's up in the Dakotas...finding an F/A-18 there seems odd to me, too...
Good on ya for spotting a test jet.
--
- Rufus

Rufus wrote:

One day, around 1970-73, a P2V Neptune flew over Jamestown heading westwards. One of the odder types of planes that landed here around the same time were three TBF Avenger torpedo bombers that had been converted into water bombers. First they buzzed the town, and boy, was seeing those unexpected.
Pat
Pat Flannery wrote:

I still get surprised when I see an F-117...dunno why, but I never expect those. We see lots of stuff out here - from Mig-15s to Hunters to Fouga Meisters to P-51s...even had a Sea Fury divert to the base on an emergency as he was returning from Reno once.
Between Mojave, Scaled Composites, Reno Air Races, the guys at Chino, local rich boys toys, and the military (US and visiting) So Cal is like grand central for airplanes...and the weather is fantastic for flying.
--
- Rufus

OldSchool wrote:

As I explained before, that is actually a picture of F1 (F/A-18F CUM 1) in a flight test configuration....it's not really a G.
--
- Rufus

RobG wrote:

I still want to see the sub-hunting variant of the F-18, with the MAD boom sticking out the tail, and nuclear depth charges and torpedoes under the wings. :-)
Pat
Pat Flannery wrote:

How about the COD version with the pregnant fuselage?
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr. ;)
Mad-Modeller wrote:

They sure do seem to want to make one airframe do everything, don't they? Now, if they can put a retractable rotor blade on it... :-)
Pat

Go ahead and make it a "what-if" like that Sikorsky design from the 1950s. (Check the Anigrand website to see for yourself)... I was toying with the idea of a rocket booster like the SR.53 but really can't find a backstory to justify it.

Or a radome, as in the ECF-18Z Bugeye version
WmB

Is that the one with the external console operator workstations?
Jack G.

Maybe like Speed Racer's Mach 5. Add some saw blades in front, a flying bird out of the hood, and Chim Chim and Spridle in the trunk.
Craig
Please don't get Too Mad at what I am gonna say here. But = I'm one of those people who sometimes put those Large Guided Bombs and Missiles underneath the Wing of the Plane just because they seem to LooK Sooooooo CooL hanging there beneath a different wing like that.
And Yesss I sometimes Know they don't belong there. But Darn it they just LooK really really Sharp hanging there though
I guess that's one of the many reasons I think that they call it modeling :) :) :)
Sorry Everyone - Okay - Now you Know one of my Deepest =n- Darkest Secrets
... Carl ..........
,,

One shared by LOTS of happy modelers....
Jack G.

The Revell Chuck Yeager from their X-1 kit is flying my 1/35th scale manned A4b at the moment. Speaking of Revell; did they make a X-2 or X-1B way, way back? I seem to remember seeing those advertised on the side of one of there boxes as a kid.
Pat
Pat Flannery wrote:

Strombecker had a plastic X-1B. Scale was 1/48th or larger.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
Mad-Modeller wrote:

Somewhere out there there's a photo of the boxart on a X-2 kit showing it flying over the surface of the Moon.
Pat

And Nick Argento (Glencoe) has the molds. He was trying to get them up and running, but I haven't heard anything from him lately....

he's in western ma? fitchburg or around there?
On Nov 28, 11:01 am, snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote:

I think so, somewhere in southwestern New England.

i know it's ma. i just don't remember which town. fitchburg would make sense for cheap industrial space and central location for shipping. easy to reach boston, nyc, albany or philly. that's where the old school furniture makers located.