PLEASE...

traitor!!!!! (g)

Reply to
someone

Just trying to roll with the changes...the electric ducted fan jets have me really interested. And the though of having a small electric helo that I could buzz around my living room has my attention a bit too, if only to learn a bit more about helos.

Reply to
Rufus

yeah, i love my toys, too. and they're "educational". yeah, that's it, i'm

Reply to
someone

Why wouldn't we buy Harleys ? Most of the parts are made here in Australia ,they are just assembled in the US . So we are supporting our local economy.

Reply to
Kevin(Bluey)

I think it's rather ken, but you usually don't see people buying big ticket items like Harleys while they're on temporary travel. There were a few more, but I think a lot of them went home with the other airplane.

I dunno how long they're planning to be here, but two of the guys I know have joined the local club and have gone through at least two bike (traded up) since they've been here - not quite a year. Say they can't resist the price.

...that reminds me - it's cruise night. I'll give 'em a shout-out from ya.

Reply to
Rufus

you keep the harleys and ship me your old panthers, goldstars, bruffs and vincents. you wouldn't want those old things, would you?

Reply to
someone

saw a video of one. the two soldiers looked like gamers setting. now, vehr ist mein joysticken?

Reply to
someone

Heh, mine isn't unopened but I bought it on sale for 19¢.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

bill, just go to best buy or whatever and buy a $30 printer. instead of paying $60 for cartridges to replace, just buy a new printer for the carts, give the old one away. you also get the latest tech.

Reply to
someone

It seems fairly decent given that it has all of the earmarks of an Aurora kit. The red areas are marked on the plastic but somewhat faintly. There are rivets, and the canopy is not the best fit. No landing gear as it was designed to fit on a stand. IIRC, it's to

1/107th scale. Al S. was kind enough to send me a scan of his Trumpeter decal sheet with instructions to reduce it to 88%. Unfortunately I haven't had a working printer to try that on since. One neat detail that's a little unusual for Aurora was the solid bulkhead mounted in the tail that carries the engine exhaust nozzle. That makes it appear to be 'floating' rather than being glued to the fuselage. If I get a chance to I will post the boxart over on abms. I might even have the instructions scanned and postable.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

When I said "we" I meant collectively , personally I wouldn't buy a Harley.

Reply to
Kevin(Bluey)

Check here this is on your side of the pond

Kevin(Bluey)

Or here

Kevin(Bluey)

rode one in england. very nice

Reply to
someone

Here I am answering myself (nothing new there ;\) but I found both items and they are now posted over on abms for your amusement.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Firstly I must remind you that my son has all kinds of junk stored in my basement, garage and a room upstairs. Just what I need to do is add a piece to the pile. >8]

Secondly, with my usual good fortune, I'll probably find one that is so new tech that it sneers at my humble equipment and refuses to co-operate. ;]

Thirdly is the lack of $30 that isn't spoken for at this moment. Ain't life grand?

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

i have a pile, too, but do i buy parts? sure. do i understand all the new tech? no. do i have $30 for anything? no. hello long lost brother!

Reply to
someone