Is anyone else upset at...

Hello All,

Is anyone else upset at the ability to select quadrants of an arc or circle when in sketch mode was TAKEN OUT??? Well in case you hadn't noticed I AM!! I dimension to the "not center" of arcs (circles) all the time, and apparently someone at one of the big three didn't like it and SW took it out. This was so much of a time saver. Now I'm back to many more mouse clicks to get what I'm after. What happened to "We never take out functionality" and "The individual is as important as the big company". Well I know that SW corp. is not going to listen to me alone. SO if this removal of functionality is upsetting to you PLEASE put in an enhancement request!!!

Thanks, rant over. 1...2...3...4...5...6...7... Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

Hold shift down when you select the arcs.

Reply to
Jason

For dimensioning to min and max of arcs, hold down the shift key while you dimension. They just changed the functionality a little. I like this better, it has more control. I hope this is what you were referring to.

KM

Reply to
kmaren24

Use the shift key when selecting the arc. Keep it held down until after you place the dimension. Or if you already have a dimension, right click and change the arc condition to min or max.

Brian

Muggs wrote:

Reply to
Brian

I don't dimension arcs/circles... whatever they are, they are!

ROFL - ;^)

I feel your pain...

Mike Tripoli

Reply to
Mike Tripoli

Muggs,

Any response? Is this what you were trying to do? Muggs you 99% of the time post well but if this was a flame that was put out then let everyone know. It's fair to kick SW in the a55 when they screw up it's also fair to give them a break when deserved.

KM

Reply to
kmaren24

Maybe he's just embarrassed that he missed the Mar 21, '05 technical bulletin (2005 SP2.0 Change to minimum/maximum dimensions between arcs).

:)

Reply to
remy martin

Yes, sorry everyone. I do try to respond when good advice is given. I've been excruciatingly busy, but that's a good thing. I did not know that I could hold the shift key down to give the same or at least similar functionality. But after trying it, it doesn't give the same results unless I'm doing something wrong. Make two circles about 45 degrees from one another:

O O

Then try to dimension them outside to outside in the X or Y axis. I cannot, and this was very simple using the "old" method. I guess what I would have expected was, if SW was getting complaints, is to make the shift key, or a check box, disable the new functionality. But not do away with it. If I've completely miss it here, would someone please straiten me out?

Thanks, Muggs

Reply to
Muggs