SW2004, Splines still SUCK!!!

Splines, the foundation for building surfaces and working with surfaces continue to blow chunks and the users continue having problems...

Yeah, SW Corp, you know what you're doing.... you're BLOWING IT, out your ass!!!

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Dittos

Dittos

Reply to
Mike J. Wilson

Paul Salvador wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net:

Who asked you to bitch here? Who pays you to bitch here? You seem to have a lot of extra time to put into work that doesn't benefit anyone. You'd benefit yourself and other users more by learning how to harness your rage.

matt

Reply to
matt

Oh, Matt, sweetheart,..

..nobody asked me, all on my own and it's a public ng, honey. ..all my money and my time. ..I know I have helped people.

So, in all sincerity and control, please help me to help you and bugger off, Matt.

What did I learn... you're a diehard SW VAR, AE and Loyalist.

..

matt wrote:

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Paul, I did participate the 2004 beta program. I brought up 4 items that were fixed and I was pleasantly surprised to receive email confirmation of one of them.

Reply to
Bruce Wirkkala

TRUE

TRUE

I AGREE

BUT, with all of the time you spend here complaining, you could of joined the Beta Program and made it constructive. Instead of spending 2-3 hours a day ranting on a newsgroup, you could have sent those to SolidWorks, right?

Seriously, you are going to do it anyway, so why didnt you try to make it constructive? Instead, you wait for the full release and then rant!?

So what is the difference between sending an e-mail to SolidWorks regarding your concerns, during the Beta program; then sending it here??

I just dont get it...

--Todd

Reply to
TT

I was in the beta program, and I made or pointed out things that I saw wrong or fixed. Did it get in, NO. So all of you out there saying that "hey you cant bitch until you send it to SW" can get off that horse. SW really only does what it has to half the time and the other half is only when they really feel like they need to because of pressure.

There is NO reasons why features should be suppressed after i save a file. That is unexcusable. WTF. What is funny is that it seems to have only really started recently. At least for me with in the past 2 months. This has NEVER happened in any version of the program before, that i know of and I have been on since SW '98. SO for this so start happening now is not acceptable.

Thing about the ng is that it is a forum for us to post about good and bad things in the program. You cant have one with out the other. And where better to talk about them than here......what call and telll SW, you think they dont know? Now how soon do you think thid will take to fix? The next service pack, possibly. How much longer will we have to wait until then? I mean you know that SW does not release little SP. It is only with a good amount of fixing that they do release the next SP.

Reply to
Arthur

Pretty obvious that proper beta testing is not being done:

Search Result 53 From: Bing ( snipped-for-privacy@gte.net) Subject: Re: New thinking in SW.... View: Complete Thread (73 articles) Original Format Newsgroups: comp.cad.solidworks Date: 2003-08-15 16:16:31 PST

"I just got done doing Beta for 2004. I used LIVE data in a REAL world mold environment. I know I contributed to this new release which IMO overall kicks butt.

Bing "

jon

Reply to
jon banquer

Here's the deal man,

Guys like Paul, and my myself if I may be presumptuous, depend on billable time for a living. We don't come here to kill time, we come here because

5mins of venting is all that will help our sanity sometimes. It's stress relief. Sometimes we can help others, sometimes we can get help from others. Because it's an open forum we can say whatever the hell we want. Hopefully what we say is true and informative but it's not tailored to please anyone. We're all here for our own purposes, whether they be to find help, give help, market a product, or just vent.

As for beta testing it's a joke. The people who don't have the time to test are the ones that should be testing. That's why a paid system is more effective. It won't ever happen but what do any of us expect from a bunch of zealots testing the software (flame suit on). You want a good beta program, get a bunch of SolidEdge and Pro/E users testing the software. Then you'll find some bugs.

I agree with Paul 100%. I think his delivery opens himself up but that's his business. SW has been pissing on my plate since 2003 was released and I'm damn tired of it. Trouble is, we're all stuck. It's still arguably the best at its price point. Every year I compare what's out there I think the other products would be from the pan into the fire. I'm anxious to see SolidEdge, Inventor, or Wildfire deliver something that can truly compete with the "overall" user experience of SW. The huge issue for me is that Solidworks is concentrating more on glitz than functionality and that is not what brought them here. Again, remember Autocad in 1998. Friggin bastards heaping hundreds of megabytes into their code to do one thing... make 2d drawings. Now the same can be said of Solidworks because if you didn't ask for their new bugs, er I mean, features, then you probably don't appreciate them. And you sure as hell won't appreciate when a 100pc assy takes 6mins to load compared to the previous version. And rebuild upon rebuild when you do an edit in an assy. It's getting old and they better listen. They may think they can be complacent and release whatever is on their agenda because of the their profit in advance, meaning "support" contracts. But someone will call them on it sooner or later. For every Goliath there's a David somewhere. Maybe you or me.

For what it's worth, last night SW was being nice. Today it's a POS. I want to drag some text in a drawing and it's being fussy. Seems like a simple thing but I get so pissed I need to come here to slap the beast. Oh well, back into battle I go...

- Eddy

Reply to
Eddy Hicks

Matt,

I hope you and Paul don't get in a big pissing match here, because I appreciate all the contributions that both of you have made to the newsgroup. I'm glad that Paul is bitching, even though I'm sure that it would be more effective if done in other ways. At least it gives me a heads up on problems with SP1 that I would not otherwise know about.

Jerry Steiger Tripod Data Systems

Reply to
Jerry Steiger

To each his/her own but... in the real world, constructive criticism is either positive or negative. Maybe I should engage indirect superlatives using old english?

The time spent complaining, positive or negative, was also sent to SW/VAR. There, freebie submissions from a annoyed paying beta testing user.. or, do you and I hope that a indirect non-paying user checks and submits this for you and SW Corp?

The point is about reimbursement to the paying users applying feedback for bugs and regressions. If SW Corp, a billion $ company, they've got plenty of cash, wants to bypass this by using indirect means, fine, bend over and take it.

I don't get why submissive paying users help to the extent they do either except that they have no other choice but too bend over and take it.

Don't get me wrong, I see (to a degree) the other side of this where the users are helping make better tool(s) with enhancement request and calling attention to issues/bugs/regressions.... And that adds up $$. For instance, enhancements or "ideas" and helping with those "ideas" help in SW Corp profits. Yeah, it also helps individuals as well as other companies.

The sad reality is, most of the users (most new 2D users) are CLUELESS to what is going on. They are being resold technology and they are also helping re feed the companies regurgitating this all in different forms. Then, bugs and regression are reintroduced... users help again... pay subscriptions... process are faster and slower,.. buy new hardware,.. next release promises,... new marketing fluff,... copying competing ideas (sold as user enhancements)... the whole re-cycle process continues.... one foot forward, 1/2 a step back...

But, after years of using the tools and paying for subscriptions, I see the process as flawed and slanted towards benefiting SW Corp as well as other software companies more than it benefits the users.

Man, over the years.... I see the glass as "almost" half full but some sob is sucking from from the bottom while the paying users try and/or some good developers keep trying to re-fill ye olde freaking glass!

..

TT wrote:

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Seconded Here! By a non-compensated paying user to boot.

The ubiquitous diatribal kvetch with glistenings of ubermenschkeit not warmly embraced here either.

The flow of expletives is uncharacteristic of a person of such undoubted ability and intelligence.

Truly frightening . . .

SMA

Here's the real question we all need to ask ourselves right about now->

Why is it that the world never remembered the name of Johann Gambolputty de von Ausfern- schplenden- schlitter- crasscrenbon- fried- digger- dingle- dangle- dongle- dungle- burstein- von- knacker- thrasher- apple- banger- horowitz- ticolensic- grander- knotty- spelltinkle- grandlich- grumblemeyer- spelterwasser- kurstlich- himbleeisen- bahnwagen- gutenabend- bitte- ein- nürnburger- bratwustle- gerspurten- mitz- weimache- luber- hundsfut- gumberaber- shönedanker- kalbsfleisch- mittler- aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm? (source = monty python - sorry everyone I couldn't resist.)

Reply to
Sean-Michael Adams

Hmm... just curious, do you work with or collaborate with Matt?

..

Sean-Michael Adams wrote:

Reply to
Paul Salvador

"Eddy Hicks" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

If it's really all that bad for you, the right thing to do is to just walk away.

matt

Reply to
matt

BTW, I thought I lost this but here, a symbol or award for your help..

...oh, please, I'm blushing, don't thank me, it was the least I could offer for your support.

.. ;^)

Reply to
Paul Salvador

The Nadir Has Been Reached . . .

Sadly We Have Entered The "Delusions Of Adequacy" Portion Of The Thread . . .

I Now Fully Understand Your Need For Surfaces . . .

Please Free To Resume The Meteoric Tirade Already In Progress - Free From Interjection . . .

Reply to
Sean-Michael Adams

Sauve qui peut!

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Bonjour M.Salvador,

Parlé francais, j'aimerai bien conversé avec vous, merci.

Bonne journée

"Paul Salvador" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net...

Reply to
Laury Tremblay

Correctif, j'ai oublié un mot, Parlé vous francais...

"Laury Tremblay" a écrit dans le message de news:lc5sb.28646$ snipped-for-privacy@charlie.risq.qc.ca...

Reply to
Laury Tremblay

Pardon, Laury. Je ne parle pas français.

I only lived and travel there for just over a month... worked with a few french guys and of course learned a few things (if I had hooked up with a french chick I fell for, I most likely would be speaking french by now). 8^)

Sauve qui peut! Seemed appropriate at the time. ;^)

Pardon pour les fautes.

And, btw, if you want to write to me, I'll try too help?

Otherwise, au revoir.

ps, nice site!

..

Laury Tremblay wrote: