Request - Official SW Qualification test program from SW Corp.

Request: Official SW Qualification test program from SW Corp.

I would like to ask for everyones support in requesting that SW Corp provide the end user with a program that FULLY test the end users system and qualifies, or shows where the system weakness may be, it for using each version and sp.

I personally am exhausted with having to test this software and if we can get SW Corp to provide a qualification program, this should help the end user understand where their system qualifies or is weak per their released version/sp.

I would assume that SW Corp has software which test their own systems so that they can make sure their systems are qualified and that the software qualifies as well?

With that said, I would like to request that SW Corp makes this test system software available for the end users. Otherwise, SW Corp, please tell the end users that you DO NOT test their own system for qualifing their own software to release to the end users.

Go to the SW Corp customer portal site to request this enhancement.

Thanks for your help, Paul Salvador, zxys.com

Reply to
Paul Salvador

And, this includes, ALL of their ADD-ON software or Gold Partner status software.

Otherwise, any 3rd party add-on software will have to supply their own test system software for qualification as well.

..thanks again for your help.

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Excellent idea. Not just checking for approved hardware and drivers either. SW Rx already does this. This could be a benchmark tool also.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Thanks for your support, Dale!

Yeah, it could be some sort of addition to Rx?

Something has to be done, I mean, really,.. after using this software for many years the poor quality in SW2005, SW2006 and now SW2007 have made it clear that SW Corp is NOT effectively testing their software!

I've seen way too many man hours or mine and others wasted using and testing SolidWorks!

So, any help in requesting SW Corp and it's developers to proactively help themselves and all the end users with system analysis and qualification software would be GREAT!

..cheers!

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Isn't that like asking the blind to lead the blind. If they can't fix their own software, just how much confidence would someone have in their systems checking software. Just maybe the SW systems checking software will not be able to correctly verify functionality on a potentially non-compliant system. That was my bullshit line for tonight. Still waiting for them to check and clean up their flagship product prior to release. Call me a pessimist, isn't going to happen.

Kman

Reply to
Kman

I can't argue your point, it's real and I believe that is the core problem, their systems are not even qualified. The end users should be confident that their systems are tested and our systems meet or don't based from a common test. I believe this is the core problem with how SW Corp consistently manages to release broken buggy software. SW Corp and the end users should have a firm baseline which we ALL can work from.

BTW, I'll add a response I wrote to a guy in the SW NG about Rx being the test?..

Sure,.. I, others and yourself most likely have always passed that test and still have problems... it's basic, not a thorough testing to qualify the software with the end users system(s).. But,.. "if" SW Corp relies on Rx for their testing and qualification,.. that may very well be the issue?.. that is, SW Corp does not have any reliable testing and qualifications program? The need/want here is for the end user to have the SAME qualification and testing software as SW Corp so, there are NO DISCREPANCIES, that is, we will ALL BE ON THE SAME PAGE!! NO IF's AND's or BUT's. "Consistency".

..cheers

Reply to
Paul Salvador