Making a "slot" in a block of aluminum...

I am working on learning Solidworks and getting something done at the same time...

Basically I'm designing a part that slides up and down inside a larger rectangular piece of metal. I want to put a "track" or grooves in the sides of my larger square part, for the smaller inside part to run up and down on. How do I get this done, or point me in the right direction? I have everything else done, and it wasn't "too" bad to do, but this has me stumped. I've read help information, but apparently I am looking up the wrong things, because I'm not finding any help... Thanks! Remove the nospam from my address to email me!!

Reply to
Xlat

select an end face for a new sketch, draw your track profile and cut extrude.

Reply to
neil

Thanks, guess I was trying to put it in an existing part (don't know if that is possible) but your suggestion worked!!