SW2004, sketches and feature become suppressed when reopening.

SW Corp,

After reopening files saved in SW2004 sp1, sketches and features become suppressed. This is random and totally wacked!!

For instance, sketches are suppressed within features????

Your programming SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Class action, consumer fruad lawsuits, anyone!?! Ooooo, that'll get their attention. Hey, Salvador, ya gotta mouth, no doubt about that; ya gotta spine to go with it? Man, that's a devastating combination. Anyone care to join our hero!

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

Class action, consumer fruad lawsuits, anyone!?! Ooooo, that'll get their attention. Hey, Salvador, ya gotta mouth, no doubt about that; ya gotta spine to go with it? Man, that's a devastating combination. Anyone care to join our hero! Hey, sign me up. Oh, and don't leave PTC/Proe out of this, either. Talk about your used car salesmen.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

Paul:

I've seen this in SP0.0 ... thought I was going nuts...

Reply to
Jacob Filek

Thanks for verifying this, Jacob!

I thought I was loosing it today so I did a series of saves and opens and it started to show up.

Also, btw, the new Save Tessellation option turns off and on. GEEZ!, what's next!??

Paying beta testers = SW subscription users getting the royal shaft!

..

Jacob Filek wrote:

Reply to
Paul Salvador

This random suppressing nonsense has been happening for me on SP0 as well as SP1. Never seen anything like it. The part I hate the most is seeing all of my features fail beneath the one that's suppressed.

I'm assuming SolidWorks considers this a low priority problem :P

Mike Wilson

Reply to
Mike J. Wilson

David,

Actually, I've been thinking about this, seriously. I'd be willing to offer my time and my own money to get some San Francisco law offices involved.

If enough people are willing, maybe 100 initially, and possibly more will become aware after a public notice, we could then get a significant petition, at least 1K, to interest some law firm for a class action. We might also get some developers to make some statements or some past SW employees too make statements?

There is enough evidence that they are falsely advertising SW as being a more productive tool from previous releases and repeatedly releasing regressions per sp and geometry changes per sp and I'm sure there could be more we could add to the claims...

It will take a few months to compile information for the law offices,...then we wait..

..it may take a few years, but I would wager a settlement is very possible.

No bs, this is serious stuff and pursuing this action means committing time and energy and facts.

Plus, it's going to piss people off and it also will, I think, send a very strong message to companies selling half baked software and a message that the paying users are sick and tired of being used as beta testers and that core issues are more important than marketing fluff and false advertising.

We pay them,... maybe it's time they paid us for using us as beta testers??

..

David Janes wrote:

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Mike,

I have not experienced random sketches going suppressed by themselves in

2004/SP0. I know you work with curvy stuff and myself prismatic for the most part. Are the suppression problems surfacing around curvy stuff (no pun intended).

Kman

Reply to
Kman

OMG, Paul you are like a FRIGGIN mind reader. I was actually going to post about this same issue this week. I though that it was something that I was doing. I feel like the friggin weight has been lifted and the light at the end of the of the tunnel was a train.

Let me know abuot the law suit

Reply to
Arthur Y-S

Yes, they are the files that I know are doing it for sure, though I think this may have happened on some other parts (like sheetmetal) as well.

I'll keep an eye out.

Mike

Reply to
Mike J. Wilson

Maybe as part of the settlement, we can get SolidWorks to fix every SPR on their list FIRST before do ANYTHING else.

Also, they should let that 8 year old slave laborer in India that's doing all of their coding retire!

Mike Wilson

Reply to
Mike J. Wilson

Arthur and Ken,

I wish I was a mind reader, it could have helped me with a few woman!?

But anyhow, I'm not sure about this being a surface only thing but as you guys have guessed I'm testing most everything with surface files. So, it maybe just a surface thing? Then again, Mike just mentioned sheetmetal had a problem?

Law suit.. posturing in a more serious way I guess but it may be the only way or hope in making it clear that users can not be used like this anymore, consistency is a priority and vague misleading marketing will not be tolerated unless independent facts cover those claims. Marketing people are more than half of everyone's problem, imo. I know most of you do not like this or me being a pita and I don't like it either, I mean that, but it seems to me that over the years, marketing has been jerking us and companies around way too much. After using SW2004 sp0 and now sp1, yes, I'm annoyed by the sugar coating and concerned with the modeling failures and slowness I've tested,.. yeah, same old same but why? Why does it have to be this way? Why??

'Tis the season and one thing is constant.. next release promises... because, they at least give the users hope, but I'm really tired of getting the same rocks in my annual stocking, yaknow?

..

Arthur Y-S wrote:

Reply to
Paul Salvador

I don't think surfaces or 'curvy stuff' has anything to do with it. I base this on the fact that we do 99.9% fairly simple sheet metal here and we've been experiencing the same thing. You can add my name to the perition.

Reply to
Not Necessarily Me

Dude, thanks! I needed that. :)

Seriously, I come here for stress relief and this was the one. Now I can get back to work. Oh wait, I still need to vent about the crap Solidworks is pulling on me today but that's getting attached to a different thread.

As for the mention of Class Action that's going on in this thread... make sure I get copied on everything Paul. I have three pens near my coffee cup. Blue for notes, red for drawing markups (my favorite for sure), and black for anything official. I'm saving some black ink for signing, you know what I'm saying?

Eddy Hicks Solid Logic Design Inc.

318 N. River St. Dundee, IL 60118 847-428-1166 Voice 847-841-3814 Fax

Eddy Hicks

The last time we got their attention was when Sporkman started a maintenance fee boycott. That helped for a little while. Seems to be wearing off, though. Time to hit them between the eyes again? Maybe with a 4X4 instead of a 2X4?

Jerry Steiger Tripod Data Systems

Reply to
Jerry Steiger

Hey Eddy and all,

If you or anyone knows of a good online questionnaire/survey like Zoomerang, let me know?

Thanks.

Eddy Hicks wrote:

Reply to
Paul Salvador

I find it hard to imagine that video cards and processors have anything to do with sketches and features becoming suppressed. I've barely started working in SW04, but my senior partner in crime has been working with it pretty heavily for a couple of weeks now and has seen it once. Unfortunately, it was too long ago to remember the particulars. My junior partner hasn't seen it yet. Might it be tied to configurations? We're running SP0.

Jerry Steiger Tripod Data Systems

Reply to
Jerry Steiger

Hey Jerry,

I can only add, none of the files I have tested have configurations. It is random and not something I can reproduced with any consistency. For me, it happens only after reopening the file which was just saved, it has not happened during a sw session. BTW, from what I understand, it does not seem to be limited to surfaces.

What I'd suggest is, if some one has macro which can check for suppressed features, it may help with finding a link to what was last worked on and what then becomes suppressed after the save?

..

Jerry Steiger wrote:

Reply to
Paul Salvador

happened to me last night for the 1st time on a basic prismatic part. using

2004 on a limited basis.
Reply to
kenneth b