SW 2004 and NOVELL

If anyone is interested in knowing about Novell Server and SW read on.

-Random lock outs of files. Software states that file is in use but it is not.

-Saved files do not really save. Click Save and after a delay you think the file is saved. OHHHH NOOO, guess again. Sometimes it does not. On the bright side, you don't get any errors.

-PERFORMANCE Sucks. Not sure if this is a Novell and SW issue or just a SW issue.

FYI SD

Reply to
Steve Davis

We have this problem with Novell and XP Pro, with SW and MS Office, so I am inclined to believe that the problem lies with Novell. Even when opening any MS Office document we are told that the file is already open and would you like to open as read only , when it is not!

Even our highly paid support service provider can not find the problem, and advised us to change to windows 2003 server.

Even knowledge can not mend everything!

Reply to
Pete Newbie

I never had those problems with random locking files or not beeing able to save, but the slowness in opening files or getting access to different properties by right klicking really got my nerves vibrating. This thing appears to be the same in both W2K and XP....with the latest versions of Novell client. As it is today we're half way on to a MS server....most drives are moved to the new server but we're still connected to the old Novell server. The novell client is undinstalled on my W2K machine and replaced by a MS "novell client" in order to reach the mail-boxes...it will take another couple of weeks to do the whole switch. The thing I've noticed so far is that I'm back to normal speed again on my W2K machine when it comes to open files and right klicking.

Krister L

Steve Davis skrev i diskussionsgruppsmeddelandet:Xns94737A80E7462Sdavis322cflrrcom@65.32.1.8...

Reply to
Krister L