XP and EXPLORER OPENING PARTS PROBLEM

I JUST UPDATED TO xp

and in explorer i select 4 parts right click open it only opens one part. i clsoe SW and bam it opens SW again. does this 4 times in total

where is this setting

in explorer there is a setting , that say open in same window what am i missing here

ryan hay

Reply to
Ryan Hay- SDSI

Wow, No kidding! I just tried it, and sure enough thats what happens.

Boy, I'm glad I didn't try this with 30 files ;>)

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

Known Bug in WinXP... Refer to SPR 196526 Still open though.

Reply to
Seth Renigar

Sorry, the bug is not in WinXP. It is in SW running on XP.

Reply to
Seth Renigar

YA I USE THIS WHEN SAY ADDING SO QUICK PROPERTIES TO PARTS.

HHMM THERE HAS TO BE SOMETHING

Reply to
Ryan Hay- SDSI

I reported this here in the newsgroup a few weeks back. The thread was titled:

BUG - Opening multiple documents via Windows Explorer now impossible

Jim S.

Reply to
Jim Sculley

I had no problem with SW 2003 and XP

Reply to
Corey Scheich

This is a problem for SW 2004 on XP only. There were no problems with SW

2003 on XP opening multiple docs, except on read-only files (see below).

There is a workaround though. If you select multiple files and "drag" them to the SW window it will open them all (I drag them to the SW window title bar). It will even open them better than SW 2003 did. In SW 2003, if the multiple files selected were set to "read only", as each one would try to open it would ask you if you wanted to open a read-only file. You would of course answer yes to each one. But the delay of answering this question would somehow cause SW to not open all of the files. If you were quick at answering the question, you might get 2 or 3 files open before it would simply stop opening them. By using the workaround of dragging them to the SW window, they will all open regardless of if they are "read-only" or if you answer the question quickly or not.

It is still a PITA to have to drag instead of right-click-open and a problem that they really need to fix.

Hope this helps.

Reply to
Seth Renigar

message

Reply to
Ryan Hay- SDSI

They've had issues with opening files via Windows Explorer for years now. I still don't understand why you can't select more than one file in the SolidWorks Open File dialog.

Reply to
Jeff N