OT-Show attributes, etc in Win Explorer

Not a SW issue, but useful nonetheless.
I like to have the attributes column shown a lot of the time, and was frustrated that I couldn't keep it on if I closed Explorer. But, then I
remembered a tip I read a while ago. Open one Win Explorer window, turn that column on, then while holding the CTRL key, click on the X in the upper right corner to close the window. When you next open Explorer & go to that folder, the attributes will show. If you want all folders to show attributes, go to Tools/Folder Options/View and click on the button to Apply to All Folders. This will make them all the same. (Now, of course, this doesn't just apply to attributes.)
WT
I didn't hold down CTRL, reopened win explorer and the attributes column was still there. Though, I;m sure after a while it may forget. At least it forgets other folders view settings. I remember reading somewhere that theres a default limit, say 1,000 folders that Windows will keep track of and anything beyond that it 'forgets'. I also remember reading that there was a way to increase the limit or simply have no limit at the expense of memory. Maybe MS KnowledgeBase. Does MS have an explanation for holding CTRL down when closing windows?

I believe the default folder limit is 400 folders. This default can be changed in the registry. The MS KnowledgeBase probably has the info on how to do it. But you would probably find it quicker on one of the many "Windows Tweaks" websites.
--
Seth Renigar
Emerald Tool and Mold Inc.