SW SPEED

SOLIDWORKS MUST ADDRESS THE SPEED ISSUE. POINT, CLICK, WAIT. is not how it should work.

Focus subscription dollars into SPEED. I dont need any more bells or whistles. I WANT SPEED.

Feel free to expand.

SD

Reply to
Steve Davis

Sporkman

My mistake . . . I see you've been posting for a little while at least. Well I guess it needed saying again anyway.

'Sporky'

Sporkman wrote:

Reply to
Sporkman

I second that, all in favor say yes! "Real View": Now there's a real improvement????????????? Turn it off for a whisper improvement in speed.

Another disappointment for me is how slow PhotoWorks has become in 2004.

Best Regards, Devon T. Sowell

Devon T. Sowell

PW slowdown started in 2003 with the move away from Lightworks, or whatever they were called. Chrome looks better now but damn, just a "quick" rendering with textures takes forever.

- Eddy

Reply to
Eddy Hicks

It needs saying daily.

How can I implement SW in my company with it's POOR SPEED Performance.

Enjoy. SD

Reply to
Steve Davis

I just ran a little survey on the SW forum on this very subject. About a half dozen people responded, but the response was pretty consistently focused on assembly performance. Feel free to participate. Look for Bottleneck under the Performance Forum.

Steve Davis wrote:

Reply to
kellnerp

This speed issue is actually a good thing. It gives us all a chance to sit back and look at the work we are actually trying to do. Helps to reduce the stress and also to relieve eyestrain from constantly looking at the monitor.

The only drawback is it has created more calls to the chiropractor for the strain and whiplash effect of falling asleeep while waiting for SW to do what it's supposed to do.

This Windooooozzzzzzzzze installer is a JOKE, It takes forever to install let alone update the SP.

Its time to st> I just ran a little survey on the SW forum on this very subject. About a

Reply to
1

Yeah, a good friend of mine, Chuck, used to have a saying for when stuff wasn't going along quickly enough...

"Well, I guess I can always read the mail now"

- Eddy

And, my God, I hope you're kidding :)

Reply to
Eddy Hicks

Yep, it needs to be faster. My expansion is that it needs to work more reliably as well. Doesn't matter how fast a surface lofts if it sucks or breaks.

Jerry Steiger Tripod Data Systems

Reply to
Jerry Steiger

Jerry, it's funny to hear you say that. My old mantra was that it needed to be more reliable. My new mantra was about performance. I guess I temporarily gave up on the reliability and focused on being able to do things over in less time. Weird. And you're 100% right. I could accept the 10% slowdown with each release if we weren't forced to re-do things so often. Oops, bloop! Back to the desktop. I guess I better type this message all over again. Oh, wait, my email program doesn't do that. That's right, it's only Solidworks that does that. Thanks for reminding me of the fading obvious. Doing things over has become second nature for most of us, and that ain't right.

Agreed, Make it reliable, then faster.

- Eddy

Reply to
Eddy Hicks

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security will lose both. -- Thomas Jefferson

Those who would sacrifice reliability for speed will lose both.

Any computer science teacher will tell you: debug first then optimize.

Joe

Reply to
joe(usenews)

Can you forward some names to Solidworks Corp?

...of computer science teachers I mean :)

- Eddy

Reply to
Eddy Hicks

I have the funny feeling that with reliability will come speed.

I have only one big problem, that of losing faces used in mates.

For speed I have only one problem, the tremedous slowdown that can occur when a model is overconstrained.

joe(usenews) wrote:

Reply to
kellnerp