Blacksmith's Gazette to Enter Cyberspace

Beginning with the January 2005 issue, Blacksmith?s Gazette will be published electronically as a Portable Document File (*.PDF, which requires Adobe Acrobat Reader to read it) and will be placed at my web site each month so that subscribers can access it and read it or print it out on their printers. To make it easier for subscribers to print the publication it will be reformatted to

8-1/2 by 11 inches to fit most printers like this sample: .

There will be some additional value with this new format, the pictures in the PDF file will be much clearer than those on the newsprint, plus, if we have color photos, they will print in color. Another plus will be almost instant delivery. Readers will not have to wait for several days to several weeks for their issue to arrive. Subscribers will receive an e-mail each month giving them the key to the current issue. Subscribers then select that key and the issue will open in their web browser. The issue can be read or printed out for filing or reading in an easy chair. A further plus, Foreign subscribers will no longer have to pay extra postage with their subscription nor will they have to wait up to two months for their issue to arrive.

This is how it will work. Each month, I will e-mail each subscriber an address to access the current issue. I?m doing it this way rather than e-mailing the issue to subscribers directly because there are still many people who do not have high-speed connections.

If you are a current subscriber, e-mail me at so that I may add you to the e-mail mailing list. Please send your name, address and e-mail address. This will enable me to determine whether you are a paid up subscriber before I place you into the e-mail list that I will use to send your key to reach each current issue.

If you are not a subscriber, go to and scan down to where is says how to subscribe. You can also get a subscription form which gives you all of the details for subscribing. You will be welcome to our subscription list.

Fred Holder

Reply to
Fred Holder