Power hammer - visit to Anyang

I have just returned from China, visiting the Anyang Forging Press in Anyang. I got a very nice reception and met all the people there. Got a good impresion of the production. Also I have inported several Anyang hammers to Scandinavia. You can look at the pictures from my trip on the link

Arnar Haugedal (Norway)

Arnar Haugedal, Sivilarkitekt MNAL Tlf.: +47 73 52 20 07 - +47 996 35 157

Arnar Haugedal

Great pictures. I just saw them from the Yahoo shaper group, lots of working shapers in that location. Just a note, look for the little "klikke her" link in the second paragraph of text.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Peter T. Keillor III

Arnar, I thought you were great bloke until I saw the pictures on your website of the Zebra etc that you shot on holiday in Africa. I hope you go the same way..... The Beagle

Reply to
The Beagle

Do Zebra taste good? You did eat it didn't you?

GA

Reply to
Greyangel

Excuse me - what do you mean by that???? Arnar

"The Beagle" skrev i melding news:4184ccee$0$4014$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader01.plus.net...

Reply to
Arnar Haugedal

"Arnar Haugedal" Spaketh Thusly:

I think the guy is either a troll or else one of those anti-hunting animal rights nuts.

-- Bill H. [my "reply to" address is real]

Molon Labe!

Reply to
Bill

Plonked him immediately, reasoning the same.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Peter T. Keillor III

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

I've eaten horse and donkey.

The donkey we roasted. Everything's good roasted, even bear. :)

The horse we made "whole horse;)" jerky from her, man was it ever good! Best jerky I ever had. Hated to see her go tho, Lightning was my favorite lion huntin horse. She got hurt and just couldn't heal up. Seems like she was given 8 months to show improvement.

The cowboy (that owned her) was going to "knock her in the head" when I told him I wanted to make jerky from her and to bring her home from New Mexico. He did and we did.

She'd been grabbed and got away from a lion when she was very young and never forgot it somehow... she really hated to be left behind! She carried the scares on her rump from it, her whole life.

I could wrap the reins around her neck and let her loose and she'd stay with the rest of the horses. :) Most horses will haul-ass home on you. :/ Anyway, Lightning made it easy to follow the hound dogs on foot, where the horses couldn't go, and the others would have to find a way around to meet up again with the dogs (and us on foot).

Well heck, no one had to "lead" Lightning, she was right there, and rested up compared to the other horses and ready to go. :)

She was tough as nails anyway, typical cowboy horse... not like the penned up "pet horses" others would sometimes bring lion hunting. :/

Those horses (big fancy-ass expensive geldings etc) would stop in mid-afternoon and just stand on the trail and shiver from exhaustion. More than once I rode Lightning up the side of the mountain around the "fancy" horse and back down to the trail "on my scruffy little mare" and continue following the dogs until well after night fall if needed. Lightning could do that several days in a row too. We both had BTDT! :)

She was my favorite tasting horse too. ;)

Damn I didn't want to see her go but that part was out of my hands, I shot her in the X formed by the eyes and the ears with my 9mm and dressed her out, quartered etc on a cool, sunny afternoon with my knife...

Sorry, the knife ain't "blacksmithed". :/

He won't. :) But he -will- go, like we all. :) Just try not to go like a friggin sissy, ok? ;)

Thanks for the heads up Beagle, I'll make a point of checking them out now, would have skipped the website otherwise. :)

Alvin in South Eastern Arizona USA

Reply to
alvinj