Power Hammer of the Gods

Found this on Toolmonger this morning:
http://toolmonger.com/2008/03/04/its-just-cool-massive-power-hammer /
I get the feeling you can probably hammer out things like, oh I don't
know, Titanic-grade engine props or something on a similar scale.
SF!

Although considering one of the commenters on the article talks about a 1,000 ton hammer, I'll call this a hammer of the demi-gods.

F$%& him. :) Without a good picture, his BS don't count for anything.
...like I know a 1000 from a 100! :/
Alvin in AZ
from snipped-for-privacy@Example.com contains these words:

I can't manage 1000 tons, but this is just down the road from us at Blists Hill museum[1]. From time to time they get the rolling mill working. They feed it with cut up lengths of anchor chain, the curved ends of which are being straightened here...
http://www.skipweasel.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/vids/steam_hammer.mov
You can feel it through the ground from about 1/4 mile away. It's not enormously loud and very contollable once you have the knack. I saw the bloke drive a nail into a bit of timber with it without crushing the wood.
[1] http://www.ironbridge.org.uk/our_attractions/blists_hill_victorian_town /
--
Skipweasel

Hmmm... it didn't work... is it just me?

Cool. :)
Alvin in AZ
from snipped-for-privacy@Example.com contains these words:

Try again...
http://www.skipweasel.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/vids/steam_hammer.mov
I think I got the .mov in the wrong case.
--
Skipweasel
Ugh - neat but looked dangerous when he started to swing it. Almost got his leg.
Guy King wrote:

Ah, but never has after all these years.

That's the clever bit - having someone with whom to work.
--
Skipweasel