Should The Jon Banquer Blog...

explain why someone should never buy some lame assed Casio calculator that is being sold as a machining calculator with standard machining
formulas written to it and then protected by a password?
This type of unit is usually sold by loser tool salesmen who have nothing to offer and are looking for a quick way to make a fast buck off of some sucker.

I don't need or want one, but I can't see any reason why somebody else shouldn't happily spend their money on something that will help them in day to day activities.
Not everybody has cracked seats of Mastercam and Surfcam to work with, like you, Jon (or Jim Jarvis, or Larry, or whoever you're posting as today).
explain why someone should never buy some lame assed Casio calculator that is being sold as a machining calculator with standard machining formulas written to it and then protected by a password?
This type of unit is usually sold by loser tool salesmen who have nothing to offer and are looking for a quick way to make a fast buck off of some sucker.
On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 13:39:25 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer

"I still do not understand why you can't and won't program the Ti-89 to do what Jim's calculator can do. If I don't get fired this week, I intend to buy one." - Jon Banquer -

"Basic stuff that works on my $15.00 TI cheap calculator doesn't work the same on the TI-83 Plus. I can't even get the sine function to work. <snip> WTF ? " -Jon Banquer -

explain why someone should never buy some lame assed Casio calculator that is being sold as a machining calculator with standard machining formulas written to it and then protected by a password?
This type of unit is usually sold by loser tool salesmen who have nothing to offer and are looking for a quick way to make a fast buck off of some sucker.
Jon,
I must say Jon Jon, your memory is pretty good to remember my little effort in actually helping people figure speeds and feeds and other STANDARD MACHINING FORMULAS.
I guessed the Casio Calculator gig would be brought up in your response rant. Why would it bother you if it's password protected? If you want the formulas I would give them to you if you asked nicely. It bothers you simply because you don't know, nor have never known the formulas, how to apply them and probably don't know where to find them so you want to rip them off and put them into YOUR Blog and take credit like the 20 year old dovetail vise jaw tip. That was impressive to say the least for your 1st tip. What angle dovetail was it anyway?
Here's the reason why they are password protected. When I initially sold them, the endusers were curious as to what the formula was. They would go into edit mode and while they were in edit mode they would push a key somewhere that edited the formula, thus changing the syntax, thus resulting in that program not working.and then they would pay to ship it back to me for a reload of the program.
I could give a Rat's Ass if some low life wants to copy my programs to load them into other calculators they may already have. There are several shops doing it. ( Interesting if people are copying my programs it must work for them, hmmm never made the connection)
Yes Jon I'm a loser. But I'm not a Salesman. I'm a Machinist (actually cranked handles on lathes, mills & grinders) that helps reduce costs to machine shops. The end result of my efforts by helping machine shops compete in this Global Market is they purchase tools from me. I get tools running effectively, reducing costs, creating open capacity to get the next job in the machine, possibly eliminating the need to purchase another expensive machine so as to keep their profits high or reduce the cost to their customers to keep the jobs from going overseas.
So let me summarize this: 1. I'm a loser 2. My Calculator Sucks Big Time (over 3,000 in shops today) 3. I'm an idiot to even to look at this newsgroup more than once a year. It just happened to be today was the day I looked. Got caught up with things just like a good Soap Opera. You can be away from the drama for months, see who is screwing who, where the new actors are coming from, watch the old timers scare them away, over and over again.. 4. Since you ruined this newsgroup and other newsgroups so bad, in order to see anything that you write you had to create your own BLOG ???? 5. Your Joy Stick Jockey Ego must be suffering severely these days Jon Jon.
So when is your CAD/CAM system hitting the market? Since nobody can make a system to please you, I'm sure your release will be ready for IMTS, right?
Oh by the way, I'm going out tonight to play with my Loser Friends, that's F-R-I-E-N-D-S not my mouse, keyboard and monitor like where you will be all night, so don't expect a response until like 3 years from now when I come to check on your mental status and new meds mixture.
JR "The Loser"
JRWheels wrote:

Jim:
    I wish you'd rethink that proposed action. I've always thought highly of your contributions to the group. And have actually benefited from some of your advice over the years.     Just ignore the negative posts.
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob
explain why someone should never buy some lame assed Casio calculator that is being sold as a machining calculator with standard machining formulas written to it and then protected by a password?
This type of unit is usually sold by loser tool salesmen who have nothing to offer and are looking for a quick way to make a fast buck off of some sucker.
Instead of purchasing some crap Casio calculator from a tool salesman who is a world class loser and often has no clues in regards to CADCAM, as well as many other areas of machining, here is a piece of software that I'm sure would pay for itself very quickly. I use the free version that Michael Rainey gave away for years because I don't need the estimating part of his program. I use ME Consultant to load values into my Mastercam tool libraries that I define by material. I could also further define my Mastercam tool libraries by machine but there is no need for that where I work.
http://www.cncci.com/products/mepro.htm
I was also given Machinist Toolbox by the author but I have not taken the time to see if I like it better than ME Consultant.
www.machinist-toolbox.com
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Yeah, I'm sure that's a great replacement for a calculator, when you're standing in front of an engine lathe or a knee mill without a PC anywhere in sight.
Instead of purchasing some crap Casio calculator from a tool salesman who is a world class loser and often has no clues in regards to CADCAM, as well as many other areas of machining, here is a piece of software that I'm sure would pay for itself very quickly. I use the free version that Michael Rainey gave away for years because I don't need the estimating part of his program. I use ME Consultant to load values into my Mastercam tool libraries that I define by material. I could also further define my Mastercam tool libraries by machine but there is no need for that where I work.
http://www.cncci.com/products/mepro.htm
I was also given Machinist Toolbox by the author but I have not taken the time to see if I like it better than ME Consultant.
www.machinist-toolbox.com
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

That's what I thought.
Instead of purchasing some crap Casio calculator from a tool salesman who is a world class loser and often has no clues in regards to CADCAM, as well as many other areas of machining, here is a piece of software that I'm sure would pay for itself very quickly. I use the free version that Michael Rainey gave away for years because I don't need the estimating part of his program. I use ME Consultant to load values into my Mastercam tool libraries that I define by material. I could also further define my Mastercam tool libraries by machine but there is no need for that where I work.
http://www.cncci.com/products/mepro.htm
I was also given Machinist Toolbox by the author but I have not taken the time to see if I like it better than ME Consultant.
www.machinist-toolbox.com
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA
Joe788 wrote:

Me too. LOL
--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com
Instead of purchasing some crap Casio calculator from a tool salesman who is a world class loser and often has no clues in regards to CADCAM, as well as many other areas of machining, here is a piece of software that I'm sure would pay for itself very quickly. I use the free version that Michael Rainey gave away for years because I don't need the estimating part of his program. I use ME Consultant to load values into my Mastercam tool libraries that I define by material. I could also further define my Mastercam tool libraries by machine but there is no need for that where I work.
http://www.cncci.com/products/mepro.htm
I was also given Machinist Toolbox by the author but I have not taken the time to see if I like it better than ME Consultant.
www.machinist-toolbox.com
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA
On Jul 12, 7:21pm, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I see you had to log on as Lary the Looser so that you could add google stars to yourself.
Just HOW obviously Pathetic is THAT??
Instead of purchasing some crap Casio calculator from a tool salesman who is a world class loser and often has no clues in regards to CADCAM, as well as many other areas of machining, here is a piece of software that I'm sure would pay for itself very quickly. I use the free version that Michael Rainey gave away for years because I don't need the estimating part of his program. I use ME Consultant to load values into my Mastercam tool libraries that I define by material. I could also further define my Mastercam tool libraries by machine but there is no need for that where I work.
http://www.cncci.com/products/mepro.htm
I was also given Machinist Toolbox by the author but I have not taken the time to see if I like it better than ME Consultant.
www.machinist-toolbox.com
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Jon Jon,
I'm back from my Loser FRIENDS House now. Have you left your 3 Friends yet, the Mouse, Keyboard or Monitor yet?
Given, Free, Demo, Sample, all are words used in your posts. I wonder, do you eat complete meals at Sam's Club on Sample Day? It would seem appropriate.
What was the angle on that dovetail cutter anyway? You keep ingoring me on this as it may have something to do with properly clamping onto the part and you don't really know the answer.....right?
And another thing, I have never claimed to know anything about CADCAM so why would you even bring that up? Diversion tactics like you use on Cliff?.
Here's a question. Why does ANY Tool Salesman need to know anything about CADCAM? Doesn't it make more sense for people who use CADCAM to know something about tooling? I know enough about CADCAM to understand that most of them don't consider things like Depth of Cut Notching while taking several depths of cut and if did tool life would be increased dramatically. (Depth of Cut Notch, Read up On It Jon Jon.)
This is the biggest problem I see while helping shops these days. Just because the part can be drawn and a toolpath posted to the control, if the tool isn't setup properly, or the wrong carbide substrate and coating (otherwise known as a GRADE just to clear that up as I probably lost you on the word "substrate") for the material being cut, or the wrong tool nose radius is used on an insert, or a ground insert instead or a molded insert is used, these factors actually relate to failure or success of a job. Of course most CADCAM operators that don't understand these cutting tool factors will tell their boss it's the loser CADCAM system they bought for them to use is the reason. whoa whoa whoa I THINK I HIT IT ON THE NOSE TONIGHT LADIES & GENTLEMEN OF THE NEWSGROUP.
Jon Jon will always be telling his boss and all of us how bad certain CADCAM Systems are due to his failure of making the cutting tool perform. The CADCAM system will always be the scapegoat instead of addressing the real problem which is his lack of Cutting Tool Applications.
I ran into this once again last month. This shop invested heavily on a great 5-axis machine and the software they promote which works fine. The shop invested in the Rego-fix powRgrip (yes it's spelled correctly, read up on it Jon Jon) system and also some of the best Submicron, HIP'd carbide (that's Hot Isostatic Process, read up on it Jon Jon) with the lastest TiALN coating for Hardmilling. A Magnetic chuck is used to make it easy for odd shaped parts to be held securely. But the Shop Owner asked the Machine Dealer why the test block machined at their showroom looked so much nicer than what they produce at their shop currently.
The Machine Dealer whom I have helped in the past asked me to take a look at this. Do you suppose it had something to do with the Joy Stick Jockey having a 1/4" Ballnose endmill hanging 6" from a 6" Gage Length Holder and only going 3/4" deep at it's max depth in this part? This kid knew how to run through the CAD CAM nicely, but didn't have a lick of sense when it came to the cutting tool.
So I would tend to think we are making a huge break through with Jon Jon's therapy tonight. It's Ok Jon, everything will be ok after this session since we know why you suffer so much on your job making scrap parts like this other JoyStick Jockey used to do. Now he's using shorter holders, shorter endmills, proper speeds and feeds which the CADCAM Cutting Tool Database had screwed up due to the higher technology of coating and the edge prep used on the tool needed slightly different chiploads applied compared to what comes stumbling out of the CADCAM Cutting Tool Database. The end result is no polishing of the part, extended tool life, more throughput from the machine, less overtime, more profit, staying more competitive in this Global Market.
All I ever try to do is help people Jon Jon. You should try it some time, it gives you a nice warm feeling at times instead of being some bitter pissed off Blogger.
Have a great evening/early morning ranting to everyone about how cutting tools don't mean jack compared to CADCAM. I know that's where you will be taking this now.
I think I may take Bottlbob's advice about sticking around in here, this is really what I do all day long anyway. Deal with Egos of people that think they aren't doing anything wrong from not taking the time to learn what's really wrong and blame it on crappy equipment their boss has given them to use. Guess what, it was their boss in most instances that asked me to help.
I wonder how fast you will post a reply to this. It took all of about 8 minutes on the last one. You should try refraining though really Jon Jon. Cutting Tools isn't your strong suit. Then again, do you have a strong suit other than clicking your mouse, typing on your keyboard or staring at your monitor? Hope to see your release of JONCAD at IMTS in 8 weeks. You are going this year aren't you Jon? I'm sure all of the Booths in CADCAM Row will be looking for you.
JR "Loser of all Cutting Tool Salesmen"
Instead of purchasing some crap Casio calculator from a tool salesman who is a world class loser and often has no clues in regards to CADCAM, as well as many other areas of machining, here is a piece of software that I'm sure would pay for itself very quickly. I use the free version that Michael Rainey gave away for years because I don't need the estimating part of his program. I use ME Consultant to load values into my Mastercam tool libraries that I define by material. I could also further define my Mastercam tool libraries by machine but there is no need for that where I work.
http://www.cncci.com/products/mepro.htm
I was also given Machinist Toolbox by the author but I have not taken the time to see if I like it better than ME Consultant.
www.machinist-toolbox.com
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Hey JR,
Got any advice for milling 17-7 Stainless 46-49 Rc?
I'm doing OK but I need to knock out some cycle time.
Among the ops here is where most of the cycle time is:
1.0" diameter hi pos insert mill 5 flutes running 763 RPM at 11.45 IPM. DOC is 0.035" per pass. Cut dimension is .25 WOC X .44 LOC. I take three passes per side of the part. Leaving a thin rectanglular shape when done.
Next is a 5/16" 5 flute end mill. Slot milling to .36" width profiling some radii, etc. Taking two passes at 0.035" and a final pass at 0.02" running 2445 rpm and feeding at 14.67 IPM.
Then I'm peripheral milling with a 1/4" 4 flute end mill running 3056 rpm and feeding at 12.22 IPM.
I'm also running a 5/16" x 0.028" key cutter at 1100 rpm and 12.0 IPM. IIRC it has five teeth.
As far as turning I'm at 200 SFM. I'll be trying an nsert on Monday that supposedly can run up to 700 SFM. Sounds optimistic to me but I've got 10 of them.
I'm grooving and cutting of through this interruption at 130 SFM with an Iscar Do Grip. Feeding at 0.001" on the interrupted cut off. I'm feeding at 0.002" IPR on the groove both tools are 2mm wide.
At this everything sounds and looks good. Nice finishes, no chatter, and while I haven't cut enough parts to gey a good feel for tool life, based on what I'm seeing It should be good. I'm using a high quality (expensive) veggie oil for coolant. Just flood right now but can easily add up to 2000 psi 8 GPM pump ported to each tool by M-code.
If you have any suggestions feel free to call me on my cell Monday. Or post 'em here. I can also send a drawing.
--

Dan

CNC Videos - <http://tinyurl.com/yzdt6d