The Jon Banquer Blog Will Cover Siemens NX

NX is arguably one of the most powerful CADCAM programs in the world. I recently had a non-canned demo of NX done by someone who flew in to demonstrate what I wanted to see. NX is so powerful and so advanced that after hours only a very small part of what this program can do had been shown. The unfortunate part of a program being this powerful is that no one, including Siemens, has ever been able to properly describe to a Gibbscam, Mastercam, Featurecam, Surfcam, etc. users what NX can really do in detail and why NX is so much better and so much more advanced.

In the coming months the Jon Banquer blog will again break new ground and attempt to do what no one so far has ever been able to do... show how the power of NX can make a major difference in shops that are currently using the products I mentioned above.

Shops that are similar to ours, like Apple's prototype shop, have used NX for years. There is a reason why and I'll do my best to explain why.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

Will you be using the software to program the worn out, tool dropping Haas verticals at your "shop"? Or will it be a pirate copy, like your Surfcam and Mastercam "seats"?

Do you think you'll be able to figure out the most basic functions of the software, like chaining?

Reply to
Joe788

only a whole bunch dumber !!!!

Reply to
barn_rubble

[...]

What exactly did you tell them to get them to come out?

What does your engineering department do?

-- Tom

brewertr

What do these CAM programs do? CAM. OK, what does NX do? CAD/CAM.

To GibbsCAM user, GibbsCAM is a CAM program, NX is a CAD/CAM program.

To MasterCAM user, MasterCAM is a CAM program, NX is a CAD/CAM program.

To FeatureCAM user, FeatureCAM is a CAM program, NX is a CAD/CAM program.

To SurfCAM user, SurfCAM is a CAM program, NX is a CAD/CAM program.

Pretty simple, exactly what part don't you understand Jon?

-- Tom

brewertr

Someone had to waste an entire day dealing with the horrible modern day travel experience going to and from probably Chicago to San Diego so a $12.00 an hour operator can evaluate their software. I'll bet they were pissed when that salesman showed up at the Monday morning meeting explaining how much they spent and what their expected return will be from that trip.

Reply to
Bill Roberto

Joe:

I don't think the "pirate copy" speculation can be supported. Jon seems to be a minor irritant in the e-mastercam forum, so I'd think they would have checked out the legality of his shop's Mastercam license long ago.

Reply to
BottleBob

Just another one of Joe788 many, many lies. It's why he won't post his real name and location.

Our shop has 5 seats of Mastercam.

You can't post to the e-Mastercam Enhancements Forum without giving them your sim#.

I suggested and pushed for the e-Mastercam Enhancements Forum.

I have the most suggestions by far to the e-Mastercam Enhancements Forum.

Tom Brewer lies just as much and is totally incompetent when it comes to CADCAM.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

Bill:

Uh oh, better watch your p's and q's, or you'll be accused of "Surrounding Yourself With Slimeballs"... a fate worse than death! :)

Reply to
BottleBob

Bill how come you don't work with John Carroll anymore?

Bill how come Missler's USA Main distributor wants nothing to do with you and thinks so little of you and John Carroll?

Bill how do you know someone flew in from Chicago?

Bill how do you know the business of the company I work for which is far more successful than the business you have where your wife probably has to support you?

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

[...]

Nope, Bill Roberto is already a slimeball and has been for years.

The funny part is often when you put two slimeballs together they end up not getting along. I loved when John Carroll accused Bill Roberto in this forum of charging one of his clients to learn TopSolid on the job. I still haven't stopped laughing over John Carroll's post because I'm sure it's true and it's typical of Bill Roberto.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

Bob, no doubt Jon's workplace has legal seats of Mastercam. However, back before he worked there, he was banned from emastercam for refusing to provide proof of his seat. It was however quite obvious that he was actually USING a seat of Mastercam, hence, the banning for use of illegal seat. After getting the new job, he returned to emastercam and gave a valid SIM number.

He's also posted Surfcam files on CNCZone, begging for beginner level help. Another piece of software that he certainly doesn't have a legal seat of.

Reply to
Joe788

Jon, you were banned from emastercam for using cracked software (and being insane). You were only allowed to return after getting your new job.

Also, how about those Surfcam files you posted to CNCZone, begging for beginner level help?

Reply to
Joe788

Jon:

It was simply speculative ragging on you, not an intentional deceit to be taken seriously. You always seem to a have a problem making that distinction.

Yes you can. I've posted there as a guest more than once. Haven't been there in a year or two though.

I thought you stated that you weren't going to respond to my posts anymore, what's up with that? :)

Reply to
BottleBob

[...]

Can you please post 3 of these "many, many lies"? It should be pretty easy. Just 3 quotes, with dates.

Reply to
Joe788

Because.

I don't know.

I didn't, I guessed.

I don't understand your meaning. Do you mean the people that employ you are more successful than I am personally? They probably are. They would have to be to afford to train you.

Reply to
Bill Roberto