My opinion why Mastercam has become number 1

It holds like 3/4ths of the market. Why? Not because of how good it is, or how cheap. But because of what I coined the "autocad effect".

Autocad became the defacto standard because it was free. You could get a copy from a friend, and next thing you know you had the same power they had at the skunkworks factory for free. So here comes mastercam, following the same plan... they sold their products loosly, and on top of that made educational copies that needed no crack to run. Go on shareaza and its funny how cracked versions of mastercam come out a week after mastercam releases a new version. I swear THEY ARE THE ONES PUTTING IT THERE! Go try to find a copy of cadra on shareaza. all the copies you download are corrupted. because Cadra does that to stop the distribution. Its too easy, just post one bad copy and its all over shareaza.

mastercam is number one because it's free...period.

Yes..I said it...FREE!

That's why when I heard they were cracking down I got pissed. Microsoft did the same damn thing.

Mastercam sux. Surfcam sux. Smartcam sux. Esprit sux. Gibbs sux. Windows sux. intel sux.

It's all junk. it's cheesy, slow and garbled with crap. Just like dell computers...the new standard in home pc's. JJUUNNKK.

2008 and this is what we get? A bunch of cheesy software running on multimedia home computers? Makes me sick.
Reply to
vinny

Mastercam X2 MR2 blows the doors of Gibbscam in many ways. Here are a few quick reasons why Gibbscam gets it's lunch eaten by Mastercam X2 MR2

  1. Decent geometry creation

  1. The Mastercam Machining Operations Manager which allows you to program for different machines (even lathe and wire) and keep it all in one file.

  2. Edit Common Parameters.

  1. Better help available as their are many more Mastercam users than Gibbscam users.

  2. A better user interface.

  1. Coming soon lots of advanced video training from independents. Contrast to Gibbs training where Texas Offline stopped making their Gibbs videos, which hadn't been updated in years.

  2. A tool library.

  1. Far better surfacing toolpaths... not that I use them... at the moment.

  2. Better backplotter.

  1. Easier and more powerful WCS control.

  2. The ability to describe your CNC machine and control so you don't program outside the limits of the machine.

  1. CNC software is starting to write better help manuals and the layout of it's manuals is far ahead of what Gibbscam offers.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

What I really own is you. ;>) Carol tried to explain this FACT to you but as per usual you had your head shoved up your ass.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

How can that be?

Cliff Huprich said it HSMWorks was junk and so did Joe788.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

When did I ever say HSMWorks was junk? Multiple times I said it looked great.

Reply to
Joe788

Regarding HSMWorks:

"I'm glad that's working out for you Vinny. Now you just have to get your employer to BUY it! " - Me, Nov 6 2007

Reply to
Joe788

You don't know how to use HSMWorks and have never taken the time to learn. As you have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt, you can barely use Mastercam.

I control you. You spend all your free time stalking my posts. One wonders how you can sell new accounts but hey that's not important to you, loser.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

It "looked great". What you mean is you never took the time to learn to use it and have to rely on someone else=92s opinion.

It's so easy to own you and to use you in whatever way I see fit.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

How could it be that your hero Cliff Huprich didn't agree? Are you going to have to find another hero?

LOL.

BTW, could you tell us again how graphical toolpath editing isn't important? That was a Joe788 classic which showed how little you really know about CAM programs. Does Carol still do your difficult programming that you can't handle? You're such a machining "expert" how can this be?

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
larryrozer

wittle'jon wittle'jon

you forgot

DUH... at the start of any of your replies.

=2E..that's okay, you are forgiven....everybody here understands.

Now, to all that reads wittle'jon , wittle'jon's replies; say DUH.. to yourself OR

at the beginning of every malformed sentence, just insert DUh..umm

=2E...that should do it.

okay wittle'jon, wittle'jon you can speak again.

CC

Reply to
CarCrazy666

Cliff, lol It kicked freaking azz. The code was clean, the code was beautiful to see it in its graphical representation. To program with the software was literally a pleasure. Me and the apprentice both had to wipe away a tear the day the eval ran out. Back on MasterCrap.

I got so depressed I stopped using Solidworks after that.

Reply to
vinny

I seriously doubt if Cliff Huprich did much with cadcam systems even in his day. At the end of his worthless career he was down to being a contract UNIX system administrator.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

Anybody can put anything on a resume. He has never demonstrated he possesses in depth knowledge of cadcam or Unix systems.

Reply to
Black Dragon