8 minute solidworks vs "the other stuff"

Solidworks can do the spaceclaim thingy, shown 4 minutes into this tutorial...

Not sure what syncronous tech is yet so that one still on the burner.

Solidworks Rocks(sucks actually( lol)

Reply to
vinny

ooops...

here's the link///

vinny

but xsi softimage will. No history based anything. once its cut, or made its independent of any other changes. Plus, things can occupy the same space. And it does it with nurbs if you so choose. Has all the same surface creation routines we are all used to, but none of the limitations of solids. I havn't tried to bring anything in yet except 2d pics, so I don't know how good it is at importing and using imported stuff. But I ige'sed out and I got a real nice surface model for mastercam. The surfaces weren't like from a solid because I dont have to make stuff meet. I can add a post that starts somewhere and just goes into the part. It doesn't have to subtract the material, its just surfaces. So when you iges into mastwercam, the surfaces dont meet, but who cares. thats a limitation of solids. Mastercam doesnt care about whats behind stuff. things dont need trimmed perfectly in areas inside the part. mastercam simply looks from a direction when it cuts and ignores stuff behind what your doing. As far as editing...simple select what you want...and you have translate, rotate, and scale at your fingertips to drag, or type in a number, or use snaps. Combined with the copy face, copy edge, extrude edge, etc... building that sheet metal thing from your video would be just as simple.

Again, I have no idea how it will deal with imported stuff, someday ill try it.

and all for 1700$ new.

Reply to
vinny

hmmm, here's a direct translator to solid edge, and solidworks.

of course...there's limitations like always lol

Reply to
vinny