V22

Pretty much same as ver 18

Bipolar Bear

we already have 20 and its totally different so I get the point.

I emailed BoB a typical mould part (IGES) all be it a lot more complex than our normal parts and they came back to me the following day and ran a live link screen demo on it. For the upgrade price it certainly looks a good deal. Their customer approach and speed of response to my questions has been faultless.

I also emailed our AutoDesk retailer, in fact 2 of them, at the same time for info on InventorCAM (OKA SolidCAM) and got no reply from either......FAT CATS comes to mind.

I think I know which way we will go.

Reply to
tpow

I think you're yet another fool with no clues who deserves what he gets.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

You add to the BS, Randy because you're so clueless about CADCAM.

How is the multiple fixture offset in BobCRAP V22?

How about it doesn't exist.

How is the 4th axis machining in BobCRAP V22?

How about it doesn't exist.

BobCRAP V22 is pure garbage.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

[ I know - you don't like BobCAD version 8 or whatever. Wake up, Ruimplestiltskin! I had fun with v17 and I rather like v18. ]- Jon Banquer- Jan 26 2003
Reply to
brewertr

Do you really think people who are buying BobCAD are worried about programming multiple fixture offsets and running a 4th axis? He already said it's one step better than programming by hand.

Why don't you go on a copy/paste rant and recommend some software that you've never used? Or perhaps you could just send him to your blog. It has a nice archive of you complaining about, or promoting software that you haven't used or don't know how to use.

Reply to
Joe788

I have it, so far all I got is it installed, main screen looks completely changed around. Have not have time to play with it. I'm still using V21. Works good for me, beats the hell out of hand writing code which is how I programmed my first few parts. I started with V18.

It's most definitely not Master Cam, I've been to school on both. It works and it's affordable.

If JB wants to buy us seats for what he thinks is better, well then OK.

I stay out of all the Cad-Cam BS. The best software is what you can afford and know how to use.

Thank You, Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Reply to
Randy

my Fanuc has 6 fixture offsets G54-G59 so far I've not needed more.

My machine does not have a 4th axis. Why would I care about something I cannot use?

Works for me!

Thank You, Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Reply to
Randy

4th axis machining he defiantly wouldn't be looking at bobcad. If he wanted opinions on other software, I'm sure he would have asked. What randy said was perfect, use what you know, spend what you can afford. How is that BS? go blog something and leave us alone already.. for a year I've been reading a.m.cnc and c.c.solidworks.. at first I thought ppl were rude to you, but now I can see why.

tpow, if you contact bobcad, I'm sure they will be more than happy to do an online demo for you, answer any questions.. I've used v21, and for a basic cam system (2/2.5d), it works fine. I didn't like the 3axis machining, it just wouldn't do what I needed..

I found in the past if you show an interest at first, but don't buy right away they love calling back with lower prices. If you needed a cad system right away, I would haggle with them, even if they say no to your price, I would bet they would call back with a counter offer..

Reply to
tnik

You have 4 vises on the table and you wish to make the first vise G54, the second vise G55 and so on. Tool 1 needs to machine on all 4 vises before changing to tool 2 and so on. We have twenty tools in this job. Tell us how you go about doing something as basic as this in BobCRAP V22 without editing and cutting and pasting G code. Shouldn't a real cam system support something as basic as this or is this some sort of luxury to you, Randy?

4th axis machining is not something you plan to do, eh? Machining on 3 sides of the part without having to break down and do another setup is a radical concept to you, Randy?

You could buy a file and start filing all your parts in. That will work as well.

You're welcome!

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

Very true.

What if he doesn't need that feature?

Same as above.

There are quite a few small shops using it happily to make money, without HUGE prices for the software. From what I have heard, some of the larger CAM software companies could learn a lesson or two about customer service from them.

Myself, being a newb to current CAD/CAM software, (just started with Solidworks & Camworks), having had no CAM experience since about 1990 with Compact II, and the continuous use and evolution of Mazatrol from then until now, I would have to say that whatever gets the job done for you, for a cost that you can afford, is what should be used. If you are unhappy with what you are using, get your firm to switch, or find another employer. Every one has a feature (or lack of) that they hate about their software. To keep all users 100 percent happy, would be a tremendous expense.

I'm sure I'll find things about Solidworks/Camworks that I won't like, but tough nuts. I'll live with it. I doubt if I'll ever use some of the features that get complained loudly about, usually by those who found out about a bug, but never actually use that feature to produce parts. It seems to me that the complainers never talk about parts that they have done, or post pics. After 1 week of training, I modeled and machined a spiral extruded pentagon, (Similar to a 5 start thread, with a parabolic thread form) on our 5 axis Integrex. Used 4 axis, B,C,X and Z. If I get some free time, I'll make another, as the one I made got disappeared by someone higher up the ladder who thought it would be cool to show to customers.

I'd rather spend my time learning how to use the software I have to the best of my abilities, than spend my life whining on forums, newsgroups, etc., about how the software sucks.

Just my 2 cent worth. If the shoe fits, you know what to do.

Reply to
Steve Walker

"for a year I've been reading a.m.cnc and c.c.solidworks.. at first I thought ppl were rude to you, but now I can see why."

A full year and you haven't learned a damn thing.

BobCRAP V22 is pure garbage. It's both bug ridden and poorly thought out.

Who cares. BobCRAP V22 is complete garbage. It's a company run by Scientologist idiots who have screwed over as many people as possible for years.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

Obviously Jon, you know nothing of machine macros, sub-programs and/or configuring CAM post processors.

What part of he doesn't have a 4th axis don't you understand?

Because he would need to hire a bunch of Clueless-Banqueer-CAD/CAM-demo-jockeys to operate the files.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

Good news, Randy. You've seen the light and *finally* realized that multiple setups are often are a waste of time and money. You purchased a Haas rotary table and this tool which has/features:

ELIMINATES Multiple Setups

ACCURACY =96 Fully ground mounting surfaces

PERFECT ANGLES EVERY TIME

SIMPLE-SIMPLE-SIMPLE =96 Rotate and Go

HIGHLY RIGID =96 All steel welded construction

VERY COST EFFECTIVE =96 As low as $1,600 (24 HR. PAYBACK - 24 HRS X $65.00ph)

You got this tool from:

How are you going to program for this Haas rotary table and this attachment with BobCRAP V22, Randy?

I want the specifics on how you're going to program for these tools in BobCRAP V22. No cutting, pasting, or editing G code allowed, Randy becuase you don=92t do that when you use a CADCAM system that has decent capabilities.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

You heard wrong.

As you stated you're a "newb" to CADCAM software. You've already lost this weekend. Perhaps earlier in the week you should have checked to see that SolidWorks and CAMWorks were working properly on your home computer?

You have to actually get it running at home first, Steve.

You aren't able to get CAMWorks running at home yet so it's not like you can learn it at home. Because of your error to check and see if it was running properly your now how plenty of time to defend a software package and company that is worthless and lecture others on how to spend their time.... now that's funny! Actually it=92s beyond funny... it's hilarious!

Exactly, Steve. I'm making you wear your own shoes. How do they feel? A little tight, eh?

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

Tom Brewer a clueless, ignorant fool who thinks he's some kind of "SolidWorks expert". The FACT is that Tom Brewer makes mistake after mistake after mistake when it comes to CADCAM and to SolidWorks and he never learns from his mistakes:

Ignorant:

=93Jon, I never forgot any of your postings about SDRC I made the wrong decision in spite of what you said. There have been a number of times that my Wife has told me to be careful in dealing with someone and after words says "I told you so". She earned the right to say it as well as you have earned the right to say I TOLD YOU SO. I made a decision that went against my better judgment and as usual it turned out poorly.=94 .... Tom Brewer

Ignorant:

=93I do not purchase programs unless I know before hand that they are what I want and/ or need.=94... Tom Brewer who can=92t follow his own advice. See above.

Ignorant:

Tom Brewer thinking he and his pals like Joe788 can play their Usenet staking games, lie on a repeated basis and suffer no consequences for doing so.

Ignorant:

=93I have shot myself in the foot, not an easy thing to do when it is in your mouth and your head is in your ass.=94=85 Tom Brewer admitting what he=92s often like.

Ignorant:

Someone who has a proven track record of not being able to deal with or accept the kind of change that occurs in the cadcam market... now that's ignorant or should we say that's Tom Brewer.

Ignorant:

Someone who doesn't live in San Diego yet insists there is no shortage of CNC machinists here... now that's ignorant or should we say that's Tom Brewer.

Ignorant:

Someone who criticizes someone on SolidWorks but has never helped anyone with specific SolidWorks answers. Someone who is not able to answer any questions that =93Vinny=94 had on master modeling or skeletal modeling. Someone who has never posted any models they have done... now that's ignorant or should we say that's Tom Brewer.

Ignorant:

Tom Brewer's failure to understand who Matt Lombard really is.

Ignorant:

Tom Brewer=92s unable to comprehend what=92s on the cover of the SolidWorks Bible:

"Whether you're a new, intermediate, ...."

Ignorant:

Someone who can=92t understand more than a simple =93I love it!=94 or =93I hate it!=94 type of comment ... now that's ignorant or should we say that's Tom Brewer.

Ignorant:

Tom Brewer implies that because you acknowledge that the $25 SolidWorks course covers subjects / topics that the $650 SolidWorks course didn't that you're now somehow an idiot and got screwed when you decided to purchase the $650 SolidWorks course.

Tom Brewer Writing About SmartCAM:

=93I ended up paying a consultant $40.00 per hour for two weeks.=94

=93FYI, when I said "Solid modeling" in reference to SmartCam it was tongue in cheek. What you could not see is that when I was typing that I was laughing to myself. Anyone that uses SmartCam and Solid Modeling in the same sentence cannot be taken seriously.=94

Recently Tom Brewer said SmartCAM had no user interface problems and yet the record shows Tom Brewer thinks SmartCAM does indeed have user interface problems:

=93The only real problem that I run into is that the screen can get cluttered and it becomes difficult to pick and choose elements in Free Form. I just use the utility masking feature to hide what is in the way, that cures the problem but it does add work (I tried the snap filtering and snap options but for me it was not the best way), I have seen other packages that handle picking and choosing in better.=94

Conclusion:

Tom Brewer thinks he=92s a SolidWorks expert. A SolidWorks expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

Prove it by posting some screen shots Randy. I think you're full of shit as per usual.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

It does and I know how to use it.

Thank You, Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Reply to
Randy

There's an interesting reply from the person who NEVER answers a direct question and also won't (can't) post pics of anything he has done. I guess different rules apply to the rest of the world.

Is your bog broken, Jonnie? This stuff would be better there.

gk

Reply to
gk