V22

On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 19:33:54 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer

I cut and paste, it's a very simple thing. If I do it inside BobCad it even stays associated with the dwg showing me the tool moves. Something I do rarely.

I have a 2.5D version of Feature cam it stoped working, seems it times out unless you keep giving them money. It was given to me so I'm not out anything.
If I had bought it, say 5 years ago , how much would I have spent keeping it active and on upgrades?
One day I will most likely need something better than BobCad, until then it works for me.
I ran my shop for 17 years with all manual machines and Generic CADD. Before I got Generic CADD I used to draw on pizza boxes. Never had the space for a drafting table. Scary isn't it.
Thank You, Randy
Remove 333 from email address to reply.

It's a massive waste of time and very error prone and it's very, very easy to make a mistake. Powerful CADCAM is about automating this kind of process so that you never have to do massive editing or any cutting and pasting.
> I have a 2.5D version of Feature cam it stoped working, seems it

Their demo versions that don't post never stop working. The latest version of FeatureCAM is always made available to download. You didn't answer the question of how much money you have badly invested over the years in BobCRAP? I bet that by now you could have paid for FeatureCAM with the money you have spend on BobCRAP upgrades and with your initial bad investment in a garbage CADCAM systems like BobCRAP.

5 year old FeatureCAM blows away BobCRAP V22!

Stupid might be a better word. ;>)

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Wow, Jon eats his shoe AGAIN!
Jon made these exact same complaints about OneCNC. When people who actually know how to use the program told him he was wrong, he denied it. Then Wayne posted an actual video of how to do it, and BottleBob downloaded the demo to prove it. After being exposed as a clueless fraud without even a passing knowledge of OneCNC, Jon completely changed his complaint, just as he's done here.
First he claims it can't be done. Then you prove it can be done. Now he complains because you can't re-order the operations easy enough, and completely forgets about his earlier complaints that were COMPLETELY false. (Nevermind the fact that he claimed you were full of shit.)
The guy is a complete fraud, with ZERO actual knowledge of ANYTHING.
On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 06:03:23 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer
http://tinyurl.com/6qng3a
jon_banquer wrote:

get a life you troll.. the OP asked how it was.. I'm sure if he needed 4th axis machining he defiantly wouldn't be looking at bobcad. If he wanted opinions on other software, I'm sure he would have asked. What randy said was perfect, use what you know, spend what you can afford. How is that BS? go blog something and leave us alone already.. for a year I've been reading a.m.cnc and c.c.solidworks.. at first I thought ppl were rude to you, but now I can see why.
tpow, if you contact bobcad, I'm sure they will be more than happy to do an online demo for you, answer any questions.. I've used v21, and for a basic cam system (2/2.5d), it works fine. I didn't like the 3axis machining, it just wouldn't do what I needed..
I found in the past if you show an interest at first, but don't buy right away they love calling back with lower prices. If you needed a cad system right away, I would haggle with them, even if they say no to your price, I would bet they would call back with a counter offer..
"for a year I've been reading a.m.cnc and c.c.solidworks.. at first I thought ppl were rude to you, but now I can see why."
A full year and you haven't learned a damn thing.

BobCRAP V22 is pure garbage. It's both bug ridden and poorly thought out.

Who cares. BobCRAP V22 is complete garbage. It's a company run by Scientologist idiots who have screwed over as many people as possible for years.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA http://jonbanquer.baywords.com /
jon_banquer wrote:

Very true.

What if he doesn't need that feature?

Same as above.

There are quite a few small shops using it happily to make money, without HUGE prices for the software. From what I have heard, some of the larger CAM software companies could learn a lesson or two about customer service from them.
Myself, being a newb to current CAD/CAM software, (just started with Solidworks & Camworks), having had no CAM experience since about 1990 with Compact II, and the continuous use and evolution of Mazatrol from then until now, I would have to say that whatever gets the job done for you, for a cost that you can afford, is what should be used. If you are unhappy with what you are using, get your firm to switch, or find another employer. Every one has a feature (or lack of) that they hate about their software. To keep all users 100 percent happy, would be a tremendous expense.
I'm sure I'll find things about Solidworks/Camworks that I won't like, but tough nuts. I'll live with it. I doubt if I'll ever use some of the features that get complained loudly about, usually by those who found out about a bug, but never actually use that feature to produce parts. It seems to me that the complainers never talk about parts that they have done, or post pics. After 1 week of training, I modeled and machined a spiral extruded pentagon, (Similar to a 5 start thread, with a parabolic thread form) on our 5 axis Integrex. Used 4 axis, B,C,X and Z. If I get some free time, I'll make another, as the one I made got disappeared by someone higher up the ladder who thought it would be cool to show to customers.
I'd rather spend my time learning how to use the software I have to the best of my abilities, than spend my life whining on forums, newsgroups, etc., about how the software sucks.
Just my 2 cent worth. If the shoe fits, you know what to do. <G>

--
Steve Walker
snipped-for-privacy@verizonwallet.net (remove wallet to reply)

You heard wrong.

As you stated you're a "newb" to CADCAM software. You've already lost this weekend. Perhaps earlier in the week you should have checked to see that SolidWorks and CAMWorks were working properly on your home computer?

You have to actually get it running at home first, Steve.

You aren't able to get CAMWorks running at home yet so it's not like you can learn it at home. Because of your error to check and see if it was running properly your now how plenty of time to defend a software package and company that is worthless and lecture others on how to spend their time.... now that's funny! Actually its beyond funny... it's hilarious!

Exactly, Steve. I'm making you wear your own shoes. How do they feel? A little tight, eh? <G>
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA http://jonbanquer.baywords.com /
jon_banquer wrote: <SNIP>

Kind of hard to do when I was given the software on Friday.

True.
My error? I don't know if it was my error or not, as I don't know what to check.
I never stated that I was defending anything. I was stating an opinion on service, based on comments that were spoken to me first hand by users, not read about on the internet.
As far as lecturing others, it wasn't a lecture, it was a statement of fact, based on the various days and times of many observed postings of some ranters, that it appears they never have an the same 8 hour period of time, 5 days a week, without posting, which implies to me that either they have no job, or their employer allows them to spend time on newsgroups and other websites, instead of working.

--
Steve Walker
snipped-for-privacy@verizonwallet.net (remove wallet to reply)

Steve,
How about the name of a shop in Phoenix, Arizona who like most shops has used BobCRAP and dumped it because he got tired of shit software and bad service? The guy is an electrical engineer and I'm sure he'd be happy to give you an earful on why BobCRAP is pure crap. I've personally used BobCRAP. I had to go back to V17 to get something that was decent. We had V20... it was bug filled garbage. I'm sorry I spent $300 for the downgrade to V20.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA
On Thu, 5 Jun 2008 17:57:49 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer

[ I know - you don't like BobCAD version 8 or whatever. Wake up, Ruimplestiltskin! I had fun with v17 and I rather like v18. ]- Jon Banquer- Jan 26 2003