V22

Prove it by posting some screen shots Randy. I think you're full of shit as per usual.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

Kind of hard to do when I was given the software on Friday.

True.

My error? I don't know if it was my error or not, as I don't know what to check.

I never stated that I was defending anything. I was stating an opinion on service, based on comments that were spoken to me first hand by users, not read about on the internet.

As far as lecturing others, it wasn't a lecture, it was a statement of fact, based on the various days and times of many observed postings of some ranters, that it appears they never have an the same 8 hour period of time, 5 days a week, without posting, which implies to me that either they have no job, or their employer allows them to spend time on newsgroups and other websites, instead of working.

Reply to
Steve Walker

Steve,

How about the name of a shop in Phoenix, Arizona who like most shops has used BobCRAP and dumped it because he got tired of shit software and bad service? The guy is an electrical engineer and I'm sure he'd be happy to give you an earful on why BobCRAP is pure crap. I've personally used BobCRAP. I had to go back to V17 to get something that was decent. We had V20... it was bug filled garbage. I'm sorry I spent $300 for the downgrade to V20.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

While you're at it prove where I have ever claimed I'm a CADCAM expert.

I'm STILL waiting for proof of the following, Randy:

No cutting and pasting and no bullshit macro workaround. Just any easy way to do this in BobCRAP V22. They themselves say they can't do it but you know better right, Randy?

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

You're the all knowing self proclaimed CAD/CAM expert. Why should I teach you. Now if the OP wants to know I'll be happy to help.

Thank You, Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Reply to
Randy

You have tool 1 all set, you select your geometry, click on cut auto, then from the Macro menu click work offsets, click G55, then click the cut auto button again. For the next vise go back to the Macro menu, work offsets, click G56 then the cut auto button again and so on. Then switch to tool 2 select new geometry to cut and do the above all over again.

No manual typing any G code, no cutting or pasting.

Who did you talk to at BobCad? they said this could not be done???

Or were you looking for something else?

Once again I'll state, It works for me. It may be low end CAD/CAM but it beats writting code by hand. And for my one man, one CNC machine shop it's affordable.

Thank You, Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Reply to
Randy

brewertr

What happens when you have to reorder your machining operations?

Chris Corbell who as per usual thinks he knows better than users what the needed tools are. He's arrogant and always fails to follow up. This asshole has no interest in improving BobCRAP and neither does his boss Larry.

How much money total do you have into BobCRAP with all the upgrades, etc. you have paid for? Is there some reason you can't justify $2,500 to $3,500 for Featurecam which doesn't have to fake proper multiple fixture offset support by using macros for what should be done inside of a CAM program?

If you can't afford $2,500 for FeatureCAM why even stay in business? I might even be able to get it for you for less. Why don=92t you ask Edster or Seymour Dumore on the Practically Worthless Machinist Forum if FeatureCAM is worth it over BobCRAP. They are both ex BobCRAP and ex OneCNC users.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

It's a massive waste of time and very error prone and it's very, very easy to make a mistake. Powerful CADCAM is about automating this kind of process so that you never have to do massive editing or any cutting and pasting.

Their demo versions that don't post never stop working. The latest version of FeatureCAM is always made available to download. You didn't answer the question of how much money you have badly invested over the years in BobCRAP? I bet that by now you could have paid for FeatureCAM with the money you have spend on BobCRAP upgrades and with your initial bad investment in a garbage CADCAM systems like BobCRAP.

5 year old FeatureCAM blows away BobCRAP V22!

Stupid might be a better word. ;>)

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

I cut and paste, it's a very simple thing. If I do it inside BobCad it even stays associated with the dwg showing me the tool moves. Something I do rarely.

I have a 2.5D version of Feature cam it stoped working, seems it times out unless you keep giving them money. It was given to me so I'm not out anything.

If I had bought it, say 5 years ago , how much would I have spent keeping it active and on upgrades?

One day I will most likely need something better than BobCad, until then it works for me.

I ran my shop for 17 years with all manual machines and Generic CADD. Before I got Generic CADD I used to draw on pizza boxes. Never had the space for a drafting table. Scary isn't it.

Thank You, Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Reply to
Randy

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Wow, Jon eats his shoe AGAIN!

Jon made these exact same complaints about OneCNC. When people who actually know how to use the program told him he was wrong, he denied it. Then Wayne posted an actual video of how to do it, and BottleBob downloaded the demo to prove it. After being exposed as a clueless fraud without even a passing knowledge of OneCNC, Jon completely changed his complaint, just as he's done here.

First he claims it can't be done. Then you prove it can be done. Now he complains because you can't re-order the operations easy enough, and completely forgets about his earlier complaints that were COMPLETELY false. (Nevermind the fact that he claimed you were full of shit.)

The guy is a complete fraud, with ZERO actual knowledge of ANYTHING.

Reply to
Joe788