MMIR/Ampersand Publishing

Does anybody have any experience with these people? Are they crooks or just inept?

I subscribed to a year (four issues) of Military Miniatures in Review in February of this year and have only received one issue so far. And that took about a half dozen phone calls to get. Now last month I noticed the newest issue was for sale by Squadron in their monthly supplement but I haven't received it from Ampersand Pub. I've tried calling and keep getting an answering machine. I've also tried email. Nothing!

Is this typical of their "customer service"?

Scott L.

Reply to
SJL

I've been a subscriber since the first issue and have been very pleased overall with the magazine and the service I've gotten from them. Yes, quarterly issues seem to take forever to get here and often advertisers print ads for the next issue before they arrive to the subscribers, but this is less of a problem lately. I usually start back through the pile of back issues and about that time, a new one arrives. Since you've only got one issue so far, that could be a problem.

They also publish several 'guides' and I think work on those slows production of the magazine somewhat. But they are also very good, I am not a tiger builder, but I really liked the Tiger special.

In the last couple of days, I read over on armorama that the latest news is that the 'new' issue 36? is at the printers and will be out to subscribers in 8 days or so. Mike please remove "diespam" to reply

If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, perhaps you've misunderstood the situation.

Reply to
MLDHOC

Thanks for your input. I wish my experience was half as positive as yours has seemed to be. I'm going to give them a little longer and then I'm going to find other ways to resolve the problem. Maybe a BBB complaint or something.

Thanks again,

Scott

Reply to
SJL

Keep in mind that they, like much of Florida, are currently fleeing from hurricane Frances and probably not able to handle problems in as timely a fashion as usual.

Reply to
Scott T. Hards

That's a good point but what were they fleeing from when I tried contacting them about two weeks ago?

Scott

Reply to
SJL

I know Pat Stansell and you must remember that MMIR is largely a one man operation. He's the editor, layout tech, photo goofy, and has to manage the subscriptions and all that stuff. How many of us could do so well? It is, quite simply, the finest magazine of it's kind in the world. Period. If you have a problem call Pat. I enjoy FSM, but I wait for MMIR "with anticipation." My only beef with Pat is him getting over his facination with German armor and getting him into early and modern US stuff. I am, of course, in the minority therefore I take what I can get. How many companies and modle builders agree with me? Darn few. More M1 combat cars and M-41's and fewer Tigers would be great, but....Have you SEEN his Tiger book? It's super, even I love it. Bottom line...great guy, great publication. Hugh Mills old tanker

Reply to
HMills16