Sketches

Good Afternoon

Is there any way to save just sketches, like you can save features in the design library. There are some sketches that I use for both extrudes and sweeps and I would like to be able to save just the sketch.

Any suggestions?

Thanks Chris

Reply to
ctellers

You can create just a sketch in a part file and save the file. When you need the sketch you open the file, select everything and do a copy. You can then paste the sketch into your new part for use. You could also make you sketc in a drawing file and create a block. It really depends on what you want to use this sketch for.

SW 2006 will allow you to make sketch blocks that can be saved and re-used in files (like a library feature only it's just the sketch). I think this is exactly what you are looking for.

Reply to
Rock Guy

snipped-for-privacy@sil-pro.com wrote in news:1116615586.020134.183870 @g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

You can put a sketch on the feature pallette (design library) just like putting features there.

"Rock Guy" wrote

Pesky ndas...

Reply to
matt

I don't think the NDAS applies since that has been printed all over the web and was shown to the public at SolidWorks World.

Reply to
Rock Guy

Did you consider using a macro to record drawing the sketch? Then every time you need to draw that particular group of lines/arcs/splines you can just run the macro. You can even assign it to a hotkey...

If you are good with VBA programming you can even streamline it with positioning inputs etc...

Reply to
Ivan