SW2004, sketches and feature become suppressed when reopening.

this just happened to me on a rather simple model. it is a pretty outragous bug and as someone said earlier, SW must have known about it but released it anyway. rather shamefull.

Reply to
DaveL

Pual,

Can you give us the steps t reprodice it. We are very close to rolling out

2004 t the massess. At this point this is the only thing that is holding me up. I have been opening and saving many (3000 - 5000) of our files and have not seen that problem yet.

Reply to
SWuser

Reply to
SWuser

it happened to me when creating a "new" part. i saved it, re-opened a few minutes later, last 3 features were suppressed.

Reply to
kenneth b

I thought this was happening with existing parts. New parts is really scary. Was this a surface part also?

Thanks.

Reply to
SWuser

no surfaces, simple prismatic part. so far, we aren't movin' to 2004 anytime soon. :(

Reply to
kenneth b

Thanks for the feed back. I am going to try and spend some time trying to break it today and will let you know what I find.

Reply to
SWuser

"kenneth b" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Is there any chance that it has to do with rolling back or editing a feature or sketch that causes the model to roll back?

matt

Reply to
matt

no rolling back or editing. just created a new part, laid down some features, saved and closed. kind of freaked me out when i re-opened. i tend to stare into the graphics screen when a part loads and when this one opened, half of it was missing. a quick glance over to the fm and i realized the last few features had become suppressed somehow.

kb

Reply to
kenneth b

That's why it's currently on sale. :p

I find it strange that the pdf add-in would cause issues with sketches and feature suppression. I'm far from being a software expert, but this kinda sounds like my friend that put a new stereo in his car only to have the wipers come on when he would turn the stereo on. LOL

SP1 broke my pdf add-in so I turned it off and went back to using Acrobat (which is better, especially for mark-ups, IMO)

Reply to
Jeff N

"Jeff N" wrote in news:bs6sm9$a4eor$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-203611.news.uni-berlin.de:

Quite honestly, I probably shouldn't have posted that, especially seeing how people have handled it. I'll know better next time. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Reply to
matt

Your suggestion DID make me thing of something else though.. might this problem be related to automatic backups? say.. it backs up the part when you're at a certain feature.. when you add mroe features, save.. when you load it up it's where the last backup was (while still keeping the new features..)? just a shot in the dark here..

Reply to
Andr? Richard