Printing Decals

I have been trying to follow a lot of the posts regarding making your own decals and wondered if using an Epson Stylus Photo R200 such as I own would be suitable for printing either onto a sheet of paper and then photo copied on to decal paper or perhaps printing directly onto the decal paper?

Any suggestions / advice?

Regards

Gondor

Reply to
Gondor

Print Directly onto the Decal Paper, It's easy and I have done it a few times now, There are different types of decal paper out there so just check the instuctions for the stuff you have (some brand papers require clearcoating after you have printed the decals but not all)

Reply to
Mark Stevens

Thanks Mark, I was unsure after getting myself thoroughly confused from reading about different printers and methods.

Regards

Gondor

Reply to
Gondor

That is what I used to try Micro Mark's inkjet decal paper, and did have the reticulation problem. It should work very well for the copy shop method though, as it makes a great printout on glossy paper.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

The main problem I had was not the fragility of the coating, but fine reticulation. This was there before I even put on the clearcoat, and is similar but not as bad as with other inkjet papers and other methods (scuffing) that I have tried in past. It is back to copy shop method for me.

The cost is still minimal, especially if you plan, like doing a set for a couple of models, so as to use the whole 8.5 x 11 sheet in one copy. Figure about a buck for the paper, another buck for the copy shop- two bucks total for a lot of decal area. Look at price for a small page of aftermarket decals storebought. Even with the cost of the copyshop, you still get decals cheaper than if you storebought them (though this is not a good reason to make them yourself).

Reply to
Don Stauffer