Heller 1:72 Concorde decals -- request help

I'm trying to recreate the various stencils and warning signs on a
Concorde model in Air France livery. If anybody could provide a
fairly high-resolution scan or photo of the Heller Concorde decal
sheet (just the part with the stencilling will do fine), I'd be very
grateful.
Best regards,
Ralph Currell
snipped-for-privacy@currell.net
Reply to
Ralph Currell
Have you tried writing to Heller? I'm sure they'd sell you the entire sheet since the kit is in current production.
Reply to
Jessie C
Jessie,
That's certainly an option. Given the probable language and currency hassles in dealing with Heller, I'm hoping I can get the information in some other way though. I may not have made entirely clear in my first message what I was looking for; I don't need the decals per se, but just the wording and size of the stencils and markings, which I can typeset myself for a paper card-stock model I'm working on.
Regards, Ralph
Reply to
Ralph Currell
Don't be shy, write a nice e-mail telling them that you bought the kit while on a trip in Frogland and when you opened it at home, you discovered that the decal sheet was out of register. You'll probably get the whole sheet for free.
Reply to
Serge D. Grun
And "Frogland" would be where, exactly?
Reply to
Dave Williams
First....are the Heller decals accurate? It would be a shame to go through all that trouble, if they were lacking in the accuracy department.
Reply to
Greg Heilers
snipped-for-privacy@currell.net (Ralph Currell) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:
signs on a
provide a
decal
I'd be very
Duetchlanders! Keep Away!
Reply to
Gray Ghost
Greg,
From what I can see based on photos of the model and the real thing, the decals seem to be reasonably close. I assume (well, I hope) the Heller people had access to an actual aircraft when making them.
Regards, Ralph
Reply to
Ralph Currell
Ralph,
If Airfix doesn't work out, Click onto

and see if they can help you. They have decals in 1/144 and 1/72, and also prototype decals.
Case in point, I just ordered a SNCASE SE161 from thier sister company F-RSIN and they sent me some 1/144 decals for free for a Dewoitine D333 vacuform kit that I have.
If they don't give you a sheet or info perhaps they can still help, after all they are a decal company, so they may want you to buy a sheet.
Another resource is
I just checked and they have 943 photos (!) of the Air France Concorde.
What scale is your Concorde card model?
Keith Walker
: I'm trying to recreate the various stencils and warning signs on a : Concorde model in Air France livery. If anybody could provide a : fairly high-resolution scan or photo of the Heller Concorde decal : sheet (just the part with the stencilling will do fine), I'd be very : grateful. : : Best regards, : Ralph Currell : snipped-for-privacy@currell.net
Reply to
news.verizon.net
A county of Amphibia?
Seriously, requesting free decal sheets that one really didn't lose does help drive up the cost of the companies' business.
Bill Banaszak, MFE
Reply to
Mad Modeller
Other side of the pond.
Reply to
Serge D. Grun
Keith, Thanks for the links. I've been to airliners.net already, and they are a great source of info.
The initial release will be 1:144 scale (for which the small stencil markings don't matter much), but I'm also considering upscaling to 1:72 if the response to the first release is favourable.
Regards, Ralph
Reply to
Ralph Currell
The beauty of card models, size!
Make it 1/48!!!!!!!!
Keith "Ralph Currell" wrote in message : The initial release will be 1:144 scale (for which the small stencil : markings don't matter much), but I'm also considering upscaling to : 1:72 if the response to the first release is favourable. : : Regards, : Ralph
Reply to
news.verizon.net
I could certainly do so but I don't know if the average modeler really wants something that big (and I'm not sure my work table would be long enough build the thing!). Ambitious folks could print out the 72nd kit at 150% to achieve 1:48.
Regards, Ralph
Reply to
Ralph Currell
That's right, you could always sell the kit on CDROM like Moshe Lemer of Model Art.
Good luck and let us know when it comes out.
Keith
: : : >The beauty of card models, size! : > : >Make it 1/48!!!!!!!! : : I could certainly do so but I don't know if the average modeler : really wants something that big (and I'm not sure my work table would : be long enough build the thing!). Ambitious folks could print out the : 72nd kit at 150% to achieve 1:48. : : Regards, : Ralph
Reply to
news.verizon.net