Need help in identifying an old Tamiya Mokei armored car kit

I ran across this old Tamiya Mokei kit called the Scorpion. The kit is

1/35 scale, motorized, and a fairly simple affair. The vehicle has a familiar look to it, but I was not able to locate any information on it in the Hunnicutt armored car book (I know, the book covers US only).

The vast majority of information is in Japanese, but the decals clearly state MOWAG, the Swiss armored vehicle manufacturer. The kit decals vary slightly from the box art with the scorpion logo in a yellow shield with MOWAG at the top of the insignia.

Other decals include a pair of white stenciled SCORPION names, a pair of white manufacturer name SCHWEIZ MOWAG, and a pair of white stenciled vehicle number 84.

Information I can gleen off of the box side is 1959, 5200mm, 2200mm,

8.7t, 175, and 90mm. The artist's signature has a date that looks like 196? something (either 1963, 65 or 68--can't quite tell). The box art looks like a vehicle in action in the Swiss Alps with a trio of German-looking (the Swiss used similar helmets) soldiers manning a water cooled machine gun.

Here are links to photos of the box art and instruction sheet that may aid you in assisting me:

and a like to Armorama where I posted the same message with the photos included:

TIA RobG

Reply to
rgronovius

Rob,