woooo the DDR decals arrived

Got a large envelope drop through the door, contained the 2 complete DDR decals sheets i need(way more than i actually needed), a Deutsch IPMS mag and some flyers for the 40 years of there IPMS model show in Berlin in Sept.

Im gonna make myself very stupid later by calling the guy who sent them and thank him in German, he went out of his way to help, i only asked if they had a decal bank and could source sold old part used sheets i need for the numbers and insignia etc but to get 2 brand new sheets was great, i know there not cheap, as i have the 72nd and 48th by the same firm, and i had tried to see if they did a 32nd but was told they didnt.......

Did i hear a rumour of a 32nd SU22? Was stood next to one of those too and amazed how cool it looked......

Reply to
Jules

Doesn't it? It has a very special appearance on the ground I find. I am just in the finishing steps of my Kopro 1/48 Su-22M4, also in markings of the ex-DDR (LSK/LV). Mine is "546" of JBG-77 prior to it's farewell color scheme. This model is quite a challenge though...

Ingo

*time is an enemy*
Reply to
Ingo Degenhardt

I have a good few of the 72bd KP? i think kits, i started one but made a mess of the paint job so its stripped ready for another go. I have many walk around pics i had taken last year by Anetts father. I heard the 48th kit wasnt too great, but its out of my price range at the moment anyway. I have some great images of the time i was at the military airbase museum at Rothenburg, hope to go again this year...last year i twice visited Cottbus and didnt know there was one there too. While i was at the base at Rothenburg i was looking at the fuel trucks etc, and the snow blower truck i saw, i was told the engine in the back was from a T34! Got loads of pics from that visit so i will stick a load up on my site in the next 24 hours, loads of Migs.....

Reply to
Jules

Kopro once was KP.. Right, the 48th scale kit has got its weaknesses......bought a Cutting Edge Cockpit for it. I took a lot of pics of #366 on display at Nordholz in Northern Germany. Currently in a poor state this one, especially the paint scheme... Camouflage patterns on the DDR-Fitters is a strange thing anyway, no rules it seems, unique paint schemes for every single a/c... I might pay a visit to Rothenburg and/or Laage this summer...sounds interesting. Yes, old T-34 - saw one in the nineties in some news footage during the wars in former yugoslavia, still in active service.

*time is an enemy*
Reply to
Ingo Degenhardt

I did notice that the SU22 i saw had a very bad paint scheme, lots of paint patches that did not quite match the others.

I must remember to put some of the pics up from Rothenburg on my website, im off to Niesky again in about 7 weeks so hope to go again, there is a T34 as a memorial in that area, i stood on it last year.

Reply to
Jules