IPMS Decals for B-58

I have a set of IPMS decals for the B-58 Hustler, both 1/72 and 1/48. Nowhere on the decals sheets or the placement guide is there a date. Anybody know? Were these convention decals? Which one?

Matt Mattingley

Reply to
Matt Mattingley

I have sheet like that. Mine is from the mid-1980's. It was not, technically, an IPMS sheet, but it was produced by a IPMS chapter, and handed out at the national convention, in an "IPMS Nationals" packaging. It was in a blue and white folder, which also contained some black and white profiles as well. Is this what you have?

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Matt, Any chance of a scan of the 1:48 set?

Chek

1/72 and 1/48.

there a date.

Reply to
Chek

My friend and fellow Legacy IPMS'er Chuck Holte did those decals- I'll call and ask when he did them and let you know. Also, he IS aware of the "U.S. FORCE" mistake-

Lee

Reply to
Lee

It is. There is no question they are IPMS sanctioned sheets. The placement guides are titled "IPMS-USA Decals." The IPMS logo is prominently displayed. The question is, what year, what convention?

Matt

Reply to
Matt Mattingley

LOL!

I have that sheet too. That typo is one reason why I will never use it and save it for posterity! It may be worth sumthin' some day!

U.S. Force ..... LOL!

Reply to
Scott A. Bregi AKA The Model Hobbit

Damn, no date on either the decal or the instructions.

The decal says Microscale Decal Number 5,001

Reply to
Scott A. Bregi AKA The Model Hobbit

Okay...that is definitely *not* the sheet I was referring to. I just "unearthed" the one I was talking about.

This one was printed for "Midcon '84", by a couple of Nebraska IPMS chapters. It was also given away as a freebie at that summer's nationals (Atlanta). It contained two small decal sheets, with markings for eight planes: 3 XB-58's, 2 TB-58A's, and 3 B-58A's. Also included were nice b&w profiles of each, as well as several photo-copied pages of cockpit detail drawings.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Just to say thanks to Matt for the scans which are great! Being from the 1/72 sheet, I missed out on the US Force joke, so I'll just have to imagine that one.

Chek

Reply to
Chek