Searching for Ploesti B-24 decals, Please!

I am looking to do a 1/72nd scale Consolidated B-24D Liberator in the "Desert Pink" paint scheme used by 2 of the 5 groups involved in Operation Tidal Wave. I can't seem to find any decals that match. Aeromaster used to have a sheet but the web site (Eagle Strike) says the sheet is no longer available. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Pat

The price of peace is eternal vigilance.

Reply to
Predc130

Didn't Microscale/Superscale do "Strawberry Bitch" lo these many years ago? Might be hard to find these days. Kim M

Reply to
Royabulgaf

The "hard to find" being the operative phrase!

Pat

The price of peace is eternal vigilance.

Reply to
Predc130

Reply to
Jack Horstman

in article snipped-for-privacy@mb-m07.aol.com, Royabulgaf at snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote on 1/13/04 10:40 PM:

I have an extra copy of the Aeromaster decals (72-025) that I am willing to let go. The sheet has decals for four Ploesti Raiders.

Hail Columbia-Sand Camo Teggie Ann- Sand Camo Suzy Q-OD & Gray Jerks Natural-OD & Gray

Contact me off board if you are still interested.

Ed Arnold

Reply to
E. Arnold

That is very cool... I always liked looking at the recreation in the USAFM

rich

Reply to
Rich

I don't know how easy/difficult they are to find now but for the IPMS Nationals in San Diego several years ago, the convention booklet came with a really beautiful decal sheet for several Ploesti B-24s in both 1/48 and 1/72 scale. the booklet also had a multi-page piece on corrections to the Monogram 1/48 B-24D to make an accurate Ploesti aircraft. At least one aircraft featured also has later markings for it when it was a formation ship. Perhaps someone else out there might be willing to part with the sheet or the markings for one of the aircraft.

Good luck in your search...

"The world would be a much simpler place if every one could pick and choose their obligations, but we can't and we shouldn't." Major Charles W. Whittlesey

Reply to
Bill Woodier