Re: B-24 Liberator questions...

Anyone know of any good reference books on this plane? Also, I am looking for

> 2 B-24 model kits, 1:48 scale. They must be the same. Anyone have any or know > where I might be able to find some online? Any good online hobby shops? Also, > was there ever a 1:35 scale version of this bomber? I would also be interested > in a set of model instructions from this plane if anyone can part with theirs. > If anyone can help with my questions, please let me know. Thanks. > > > snipped-for-privacy@aol.com > >

The Revell-Mongram B-24's are out of production, but Revell Germany will be re-releasing the B-24D soon, if not already. Great Models:

has one of the best databases to search for kits, books etc. even if you don't buy from them.

James

Reply to
James

Le 30/08/2003, "Bck2DFtr" a supposé :

I have in my hands the new Revell 1/48 B-24D (in fact a reboxing of the Monogram one). Good model, like always. The only difference is the decal sheet : "Flak Alley" : desert pink Liberator of the 44th BG, 68th BS, Shipdham in October 1943, and an olive drab Liberator frm 98th BG,

343th BS during the "Bomb Tour" in USA during winter 1943.

Decals seem very good, very better than those which were in the Monogram box IMHO.

Reply to
Flying Frog

Almost any decals would be better than what came in Monogram's boxings. The decals were always Monogram's "Weakest Link".

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

"William H. Shuey" avait énoncé :

True Bill. I remember time, not very old, when all the Monogram decals monogram needed doctor: they had all smallpox and were and they seemed to dissolve in the water. They made the fortune of the decals traders ,;o)

Reply to
Flying Frog

Now there is a thought! Could it be that we actually have monogram to thank for this large and wonderful after market decal industry??

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Humm... Why not ? Monogram, Airfix, Matchbox... Like me you built their kits durind the 70th no ? ,;o)

Do you remeber their decal sheet ? Kinder had the same in the chocolate eggs ,;o)

Reply to
Flying Frog

Well, I started building plastic kits in the 50s and the first aftermarket decals I ever found were by your countryman, Max ABT - in the 60s. Maybe we should actually be thanking Heller and/or its American distributor, Buzco..... ;)

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Getting old, Chris? :) The last meet I went to I came home with a couple Abt sheets. They were great and still are as I haven't seen the same subjects from others.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

"Bill Banaszak" vient de nous annoncer :

Humm... Yes, sometimes I feel old... With my 5 children, I think the time runs too quickly ,;o)

Abt, a great French little brand... killed when Maurice Abt died :( Yes you're right, these decals sheets where awesome for this time, good colors, accurate, fine... and not too expensive ;o) A very good solution vs the decals which were in a lot a kits at this time...

Reply to
Flying Frog

Guillows makes a balsa display kit in 1:28 scale, IIRC.

Reply to
RC Boater

GPM of Poland has a 1/33rd B-24, close to 1/35th. Of course, since it is a cardstock model (and a very nice one) it can be scanned into your computer and rescaled to 1/35th in Photoshop. This a very useful skill to learn, and worth the somewhat expensive price of the Photoshop software.

Only difficult I see is that this model has very nice silver/metallic printed cardstock, which is hard to scan and hard to print on an inkjet. You may have to become creative and use silver paper for the printout.

..../V

Reply to
Vess Irvine