Fine Mold Star Wars Best SW Models?

Hey peeps.

Wanna build a couple Star Wars kits for my nephew and myself.

Are the Fine Molds kit the best bang fro the buck?

Ease of build and detail are main concerns.

I want to do oob builds...

Cheers, Reddog

Reply to
Reddogfive

They are the best available in terms of finesse, accuracy and detailing. They are way more pricy than their AMT cousins but yes they are the best on the market. They (Fine Molds) have a Millennium Falcon coming out in a few months but that kit may be approaching triple digits in price!

Reply to
The Model Hobbit

"The Model Hobbit" wrote in news:44MNe.1605$_F1.1480@lakeread04:

No way! A Falcon from Fine Molds. Nice.....

Reply to
TForward

Given that their Slave 1 cost around $70, the Falcon will certainly be in the triple digit price group.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams

Here's the link from Hobby Link Japan

The Model Hobbit

I'll second the Hobby Link Japan store. I ordered my Fine Molds X-Wings, TIE fighter, TIE interceptor and Jedi fighter. Paid about $17 a piece delivered for them. Here in the states they ran around $40.

RobG

Reply to
rgronovius

Actually, that should be

And yes, it is definately into the 3 digit range (boy, is this gonna hurt..)

Rob

Reply to
Rob van Riel

Rob van Riel wrote in news:pan.2005.08.23.08.32.26.219000 @mail.com:

Yeah, but I think it's gonna hurt really really good.

TF

Reply to
TForward

The FM kits are easily the best quality injection Sci-fi kits on the market right now..The only caveat/complaint is that at 1/72, the kits are fairly small- but they're without question on par with Tamiya/Hasegawa in terms of quality.

The recent Episode III kits from Revell Germany are pretty decent. All are pre-painted snap-togethers except for the Republic Star Destroyer- which is a *very* nice kit. But like Fine Molds, Revell's license is for Europe only- and getting these kits in North America can be a little pricey.

Not all AMT/Ertl SW kits suck. I still like their Snowspeeder (recently re-issued) and their 1/48 twin TIE Fighter kit (still OOP) You can make good models from these kits- but they're not as shake-n-bake as the Fine Molds kits.

And the Starship Modeler.com store is an excellent alternative to HLJ- if you don't want to deal with international shipping.

Sat