Available Star Wars Themed models

As part of a Summer Science Camp themed in "Star Wars", I am putting together a model rocketry program. I will be using one of the Educational Kits, but would like to add a few Star Wars Kits if they are available and reasonably priced. Has Estes made any Star Wars rockets lately? Where can I get them?

Thanks,

Reply to
Solar System Ambassador

You can still stumble across them in some hobby stores or online vendors.

Randy

<randyolb

Estes lost its shirt big time on Episode 1 merchandise, as did just about every other toy company that bought into the expected hype. Not to mention that as model rockets most of the SW:E1 stuff sucked.

You might find them at places like KB, or on eBay, but even at bargain prices they worn't worth it.

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

You did not mention the age of the attendees (I am assuming kids). If they are old/mature enough to have moderate model-building skills, you can always go the "scratchbuilt" route, and have them build

*my* favorite Star Wars rocket. In fact, this was my *first* rocket period, and introduced me to the hobby:

Greg Heilers

Greg,

The kids are entering grades 3-5. I'm not sure we are going to have more than 2.5 hours, so I'm planning to stick with the E2X. If we get two days, we will build something more challenging. We have three launchers, but may have up to 20 anxious rocketeers..

Reply to
Solar System Ambassador

Neil Tarasof has several SW kits for sale here:

Randy

<randyolb

You actually built this? Does it still exist? I'd love to see a picture. I've wanted to build it ever since that issue arrived in the mail, but back then I had NO idea how to go about it..

Reply to
Fishhead

Yes...I built it, and got about 20 good flights from it. A bit "wobbly" if using an A8-3, and weathercocks as well; but even then, I think the farthest away it landed was only 30-40 feet from the launch pad; after hitting an altitude of 250 feet (my "newbie kid's" rough estimate at the time). Much better performance on the B motors.

Unfortunately, I do not have it anymore....but I am going to clone a new one very soon.

:o)

Reply to
Greg Heilers