Wanna buy two MPC Star Wars models for $15,000-$20,000 ??

A set of built-up and celebrity pre-owned R2-D2 and C-3PO models by MPC are offered on Ebay:

First bid is $5,000, reserve not met, and the advertiser estimates $15,000-$20,000..

Rob

My models:

Me 163B site:
AQM-34 site:

Rob de Bie

I just cut and pasted the below from Ebay's page.

Ray Austin, TX ================== This listing (#759) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.

If the listing was removed by eBay, consider it canceled. Note: Listings that have ended more than 90 days ago will no longer appear on eBay.

Try searching for another item now. ==================

Reply to
Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman

thing word wrapped. try it now, it is still there. Mike G.

Reply to
Mike G.

Not to bust anyone's chops - I'm sure they're nice builds and all, and desirable to SW fans because of some sentimental value/link with the ILM gang -

- BUT...

1) What celebrity?

and

2) A couple of MPC kits and a check to one of the old ILM gang would net you the same result for a helluva lot less and with the added benefit of having the last 20 plus years of advances in model building. Probably get a signed certificate to boot.

Now if these were copies of movie models... yeah.

WmB

Reply to
WmB

You didn't get all of the item number pasted in. Click on the link, paste these numbers at the end (5670291) and it comes up fine.

WmB

Reply to
WmB

maybe a hollywood memorobilia collector is that d...affluent. no thanks for me.