[Q] 1/24 LXG Nemo's car?

Has anyone got this yet?

I was wondering if it's really worth the 4800 yen cost. It's in 1/24 scale, which usually goes for around half this price.

Reply to
Sir Loin of Beef

Ultimately, the kit is only worth 4800 yen if you're willing to pay

4800 yen for it!

That aside, have you ever seen (first-hand) any other Wave kits? The couple of Wave Ma.K. models I've bought from HLJ (but haven't built yet) appeared well engineered when I peeked in the box. Enough so that I was willing to fork over 4800 yen for the recently released but already backordered Ma.K Gans.

I suspect that the Nemo's car model is so expensive because it's going to be bigger than your average 1/24 scale car model (given my dim recollection of the movie) and will likely have a lot of detail (judging from the pictures on HLJs site). Both of which are likely to increase the production costs and therefore the end cost.

Reply to
John McGrail