1/32 WWII pilots?..

Hi all,

I'm building a couple of 1/32 scale WWII planes for a photography project, and am looking for some "well" or decently detailed after markt seated pilots figures.

I'm taking some photos (some will be fairly close-up, hence the larger scale) of a WWII Corsair vs a Zero/Zeke in A2A combat. I may include other smaller scale aircraft for a forced perspective scene, but the focus will be on two aircraft.

I've heard the Tamiya Zero comes with a really good seated (and standing) pilot, but I've already purchased a kit (sans pilot) and spening another $70 or so just for a pilot fig isn't really in the budget - the Corsair lacks a pilot alltogether.

I've searched several online places; Black Knight Figs, Verlinden, Squadron, etc., but no luck.

Can anyone provide some info or a link to 1/32 scale Allied/Japanese pilot figs?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

NUA

Reply to
netuser

I think these people sell their figures separately:

Wildcat

The IPMS Golden Gate 1/32 scale seated USN WWII pilot is the best ever produced. It's cast metal produced by Terry Worster.

I have a handful at $5 each plus actual postage. The $5 goes into a small fund to be used to re-establish IPMS Golden Gate later this year. Anyone who has seen this figure knows that it is worth several times the price.

Let me know if you are interested.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Great link Wildcat - Thanks.

I could search the net for years and probably never run across it.

Really appreciate the assist; I may order one and convert to seated - Thanks again,

NUA

Reply to
netuser

Definately interested Tom, can I e-mail you privately at the listed addy ( snipped-for-privacy@aol.com) for more info? total costs s/h, snail mail address, etc.

As a former figure collector, I already have quite a number of WWII pilot figs, including the really nice Valiant WWII Pilot:

Andrea Miniatures 'Kamikaze Pilot':
addition to several Verlindens and others, and was ready to start re-casting and performing mini-surgery!

Given the larger 1/32 scale, I'd have thought some aftermarket companies would offer more "seated" figs - do I smell an opportunity? :-) ..

Thanks,

NUA

Reply to
gimmeabreak

"maiesm",

Not sure if you've replied to my previous post - it looks like Google's posting may have gone nutty or something; then when I checked the Yahoo e-mail, found it had expired. :-( - (it's active now, though) but again, I am interested in the 1/32 USN WWII pilot you mentioned.

I'm following this e-mail up offline to your posted AOL account at: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com under my non-public addy.

Feel free to reply to this post or respond to the e-mail; i'll check both.

btw - still looking fro a seated WWII Japanese pilot. I also have the Hasagawa 1/32 Saburo Sakai (and the Richard Bong) fig, but they're both standing and I have enough "fun" with tiny photo-etched pieces, much less attempting a little seated figure mod and re-posing!. :-( ..

Thanks again for the assist.

NUA

Reply to
netuser