More on the 1/32 Wish List

If the urban myth is true that the Revell 1/32 Raiden and Tony molds are at the bottom of the Pacific and therefore makng a repop doubtful,
I thought it was curious that the two kits did not appear on the list. I have an unbuilt Raiden, but with 40 year old decals and I have a picture of me holding the Tony I built (an ugly kid with long geeky early 1970's hair).
These two subject sound like perfect Trumpeter fodder. The ebay prices would probably be the same as the Trumpter prices, but I want new ones anyway.....
Craig

I'm sort of surprised Hasegawa hasn't done these, now that you mention them...particularly the Tony.
--
- Rufus

Well, I don't have grandiose desires for the likes of a B-29, B-36, or B-52 in 1/32 scale. I doubt any mfgr would tackle anything that large and, if they did, I couldn't afford them.
I've already expressed my interest in a 1/32 scale Skyraider (either a tub or single seat - or both). The B-26 (Marauder) would be nice in 1/32 but it would probably be on the edge as far as size and affordability goes. The A-26 Invader, or B-26K On-Mark would also be nice (would have been nice in 1/48 as well).
I know the old Hasegawa A-4 Skyhawk is still hanging around after 30+ years and that probably precludes anyone doing a state-of-the-art version of it. I also noted that Hasegawa is coming out with one that has been on my list for some time, the P-47D. I have preordered one and have my fingers crossed that Hase does a good job on it (I hope they didn't bone it the way DML did with the P-51D).
I have an original Tony and Raiden in the basement as well. Both those kits are decent, particularly for their time, and I'll probably get around to building them eventually. It would be nice, though, for a state-of-the-art 1/32 kit of each. I also wouldn't mind seeing a Ki-45, a Val, and/or a Kate in 1/32.
The old 1/48 scale FineMolds Judy's never seemed to catch on all that much when in production; price was probably one consideration. I bought a couple of the various versions from a vendor at the Orlando IPMS Nats some years ago - it was Sunday morning and he had them for sale at a price I couldn't refuse. The molding was great but the cockpits were a bit on the basic side. Since I have no references for the cockpit-gunner's areas of these aircraft, I've held onto them all these years hoping someone might make cockpit sets for them. Unfortunately I don't think they were ever re-released and, at any rate, that never happened. I always liked the rather sleek lines of this aircraft, particularly the in-line engine version. It would be nice to see one of these in 1/32 scale as well. I could go on with some more but I think this is enough
--
Cheers: Bill Woodier
In the long history of the world, only a few generations have been
Bill Woodier wrote:

Supermarine Scimitar by Hasegawa please...1:32 will do(to go with my Dynavector vac-form).
I am going to hold my breath until it's released...
I built the Tony I'm not even sure how many years ago- Seems like when a kit attains urban legend status, it should be viable as a new issue. A 1/32 Tony would go for what, $75-100 or so? I'd still like a Mustang B/C in big scale, myself. 1/24 is a little too big to deal with, though.
--
Jim Atkins
Twentynine Palms, CA USA

There is already a new resin 1/32 Tony out from MDC, if you want one now.
Dave
On 3 Mar 2007 19:06:09 -0800, " snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net"

By the by, Greatmodels is taking preorders for the Trumpeter 1/32 F8F Bearcat............. That's a gob smack for me! Didn't realize ther was a Bearcat in the wings. Wasn't paying attention I guess. Too busy chasing my Sea Furies. Looks like I'll have to by another model...........
WRF
"Nooooooo! Stop me before I build again."
I'll be hoping they include French Indochina markings in the kit.
--
Cheers: Bill Woodier
In the long history of the world, only a few generations have been

How many models was this story assigned to? I remember being told the same line when looking for the "Highway Pioneers" series back in the 1980s (Actually, I was looking for the firetruck series that was a companion to the cars) and was told that the molds were at the bottom of the Atlantic, "lost in a storm on their way to Britain". About ten years later, I saw the models (the cars) released under the Minicraft label.
Many have had that same or a similar story tagged to them. While I can't even remember most of them, one that I do remember was concerning the 1/48 scale Monogram Marauder.
As I remember the story as told to me back in the mid-late 1980's by a source I then thought to be knowledgeable, the molds for this and some other out of production but desirable aircraft were being transported somewhere overseas by ship. As he related it, the cargo hold flooded and the molds were so badly pitted with rust from the salt water emersion that they had to be destroyed. ;~).
--
Cheers: Bill Woodier
In the long history of the world, only a few generations have been
The Old Man wrote:

AFAIK, the old firewagons are gone. The last time they were available was from Brazil in the '70s. I built the series for my next-door neighbour who was a volunteer fireman.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
Several years ago I did pick up a 1/32 scale WW-I era delivery truck which I plan to modify slightly into a military truck to combine with a figure or two with either a 1/32 scale Spad, Nieuport, or Camel in a small diorama with a fuel drum on the flatbed of the truck, refueling the aircraft. It's not my highest priority and I work on it a little at a time as I get time or get bored with another project here or there.
--
Cheers: Bill Woodier
In the long history of the world, only a few generations have been
Well then , I wanna see a 1/32 scale He-111 and a Ju-52 as well. It would really great to have several extra parts packs to go with the planes. Something like parachute pods & small arms for an air drop. The Ju-52 being loaded with cargo , jeep cannon and the like would make a great diorama too. Then we've got to have atleast TWO versions of the anti Barrage Balloon rig that went on the front of the He-111. Now that would be just such a very KewL looking device.
Extra parachutes, Large machine crates lots of extra gear and weapons packs & canisters for each of the planes. And as long as I can ask , try to make the packs mission specific as far as in a Combat or Support role. Yeah , that's a good start
... Carl ..........
,,

Oh c'mon Carl - think BIG. He111Zwilling & Me321 Gigant glider. *Lol*
-Kevin in Indy.
By the way people - Indy Show pics are up on my Flickr Page.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/happy-mutant-photography/sets/72157594580952551 /
265 photos.

You want big? A few years back, when the last (second-last?) of the Star Wars prequel trilogy was released, Toys R Us had a large-scale (maybe 1:24) Millennium Falcon hanging from the ceiling. On a lark, I asked the store manager if it would be for sale when the promotion was finished. He said no, as far as he knew, it had to go back to the distributer. But he graciously took my name and phone number in case he was wrong. About six month later, I got a visit from the police. Turns out that the thing ~did~ have to go back, but didn't. They found my name in his Rolodex and wanted to know what I knew. I was able to convince them that I didn't know anything and was finally off the hook when a stock clerk was questioned. Seems ~he~ grabbed it for a friend of his. That sucker was ~big~, maybe 6 feet across. I can only guess that he grabbed it after hours, it was a tad large to shove under your coat.
If it's WWII, then it's gotta be Luftwaffe.
Bachem Natter, with launch tower, in 1:32.
Or, V2 on it's trailer, with the transporter, in 1:35.
Actually, I'd like a Me262 in 1:35, such that all the panels could be opened, for a diorama including rear-guard action by a small-turret Panther.
The 262 is sitting on tarmac with grass poking up, with lots of fluid stains underneath, all the panels open. Like the Allies are very near to overrunning the airfield, and there was no fuel with which to destroy the aircraft, and the Pather is waiting in the shadows to slow up the advance.
I see this diorama in my mind's eye, and how it would be fun on all kinds of levels.
Of course, it would require me to rebuild some of my stash - just to get the right flavor of a hastily-abandoned airfield. Maybe with a partially-disassembled FW190D9 sitting somewhere...
Damn, that would require a 1:35 FW190D9.
:)
E.P.

well with my very limited math skills, I figure, given a figure at 6 feet tall, it would be 2.05 inches in 1/35, 2.25 in 1/32. After that I don't know.....I've always been curious if 1/32 and 1/35 kits/figures can work together. the height diff btwn the figures does not seem huge, .... I think it would a great diorama to have the allies come across a Luftwaffe field full of abandoned, beat up aircraft. Could be a great way too to find a way to get all those half built/mistake ridden kits into play... anyone got a better math perspective as to whether the 1/35 figs will just look too small against 1/32 aircraft?
thx - Craig
During WW-II the average soldier was about 5'8" to 5-10" tall. Since most figure-makers make their figures slightly heroic in stature (like about 6' tall), a 1/35 scale figure would probably look about right with a 1/32 scale aircraft.
--
Cheers: Bill Woodier
In the long history of the world, only a few generations have been
Ed Pirrero wrote:

Gimme an Ar 234B to go along with all that, please...
--
- Rufus

This diorama is now taking up a 4x8 sheet of plywood, LOL.
E.P.