How many ProModeler kits are re-boxed Hasegawa?

I was suprised to learn the P-38 I'm working on is actually a Hasegawa kit. I was wondering how many other Promodeler kits are re-boxed hasegawas...the A-4? the stuka?

I liked the promodeler kits that were their own molds. You never know what you get anymore!

KWW

Reply to
VF192FAN

A lot. The most recent ProModeler releases were all Hasegawa reboxes, F-4E, F-4U5N, A-4 E/F. I'm told that a lot of their Luftwaffe stuff is also of Hasegawa heritage. Doesn't bother me that much, at least they're reboxing decent kits under the PM label. And Hasegawa does the exact same thing on the other side of the pond- selling R/M kits in Has boxes. Tamiya does it too with some certain Italeri/RoG kits.

I know that the ProModeler Helldiver, A-26B Invader and F-15E Strike Eagle were all original PM molds....(not really certain about the mudhen, it may have originated from Revell Germany)

Now I'd pay good money for a website that indexes all this stuff, identifying which are reboxes (and thier iterations)and which are originals. Now you'll find this info for specific subjects (109s and F-16s for instance) but never across entire genres.

Unless one does exist and I don't know about it...

Sat

Reply to
Saturn S. Padua

Well all the ones you mentioned are Hasegawa and the only other ones are a collaberation with Hasegawa, meaning Hasegawa does one version then Promodeler (Revell/Monogram) does another version. The two I can think of are the 1/32 ME-109G and the 1/48 Arado 234. Cheers, Max Bryant

Reply to
Max Bryant

Oh yeah I forgot the Promod corsair is the Hasegawa kit. I love that Corsair boxart and cannot believe that kit slipped my mind.

Also the Revell Germany 1/48 Stuka and A7-E Corsair II is ex- Hasegawa.

Cheers, Max

Reply to
Max Bryant

The RG IJN Val dive bomber is also the Hase kit. At a local shop they were both on the shelves at the following prices (approximate):

Hase boxing $24.95 RG boxing $34.95

Go figure!

Art

Reply to