note to Edward Frick

> In 1/32., I suggested a BF-109 B/C/D (I know the conversion set

is coming

out for the Hasegawa "E" but I have an inordinate fear of

performing major

surgery on plastic!) > Regards, > Ed Frick >

Many moons ago I carved my own balsa wood masters and made a set of plaster of paris female molds and made then a set of resin and fiber glass parts to modify the Hasegawa Bf-109E kit into an early production Bf-109B. I also found that there was a lot of work to correct the cockpit. They have all the parts in there but they are spread out too far along the walls of the cockpit. A lot of work to correctly re-position the bits. I have found recently that the old Matchbox 1/32 scale Bf-109E is actually more accurate in outline and cockpit proportions. The Hasegawa kit has a too shallow fuselage profile. Having seen the decal sets that Meteor has released, I may go for one of those Bf-109B/C/D mod kits and see how it works with one of the Matchbox kits I have.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey