Neglected WW2 German Plane

I've seen dozens of Bf109's 262's Komets, FW190's and He111's, Ju88's and a few Ju87's (less, though), but I'm struggling to find a 1/48 scale Bf110. I saw a Revell one on their web page (although there's no picture of the kit).

Anyone know of a Bf110 kit in that scale that's good, well detailed, well fitting and a straightforward build?

Thanks.

Reply to
Norman Lever

Revell/Revell-Monogram/Promodeler seems to be well thought of and should be easily available. Comes in at least two different versions. Brett Green's Osprey book "Modelling the Messerschmitt Bf110" (recently-published) is probably the bible on the subject.

Best regards, Matt

Reply to
Matt Bacon

Reply to
Dave and Kim

Since the original post has been dealt with--anyone think the subject line was meant to be a joke? Since you can find more models of Luftwaffe '46 planes--which never left the drawing board--than models of other planes which actually had significant combat careers.

Reply to
Tom Cervo

Not entirely a fair assessment of types being modeled. True, there are seemingly a zillion '109s out there, but only two current Fw190 series in 1/48 (Tamiya and DML), and only single molds (though various producers) for the Ju88 and He111. The Bf110G is a good current kit, and though a bit old and inaccurate, the Fujimi '110C is still a tidy kit.

Reply to
steve gallacci

The Fujimi kit of the Me.110C/D with Italian and German markings is available from us under the Astrokit brand. You can buy a PE set for the cockpit to detail it. Thanks and

Best Regards,

Ken

KLawr63125

Squadron/True Details also did a very nice resin cockpit set for the Fujima Bf-110C/D/E kits. I hear people say there are inaccuracies in the Fujima kit but I have built one and it sure looks like the photos of the real bird.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

i haven't built it yet, but my promodeler looks really good. as long as the fit is ok, it should be a nice oob build.

If you're interested in the earlier Bf-110 C/D/E you'll want to get the Fujimi or Astrokit model. While it doesn't have the detailing of some of today's kits, it's a decent model.

If you want the Bf-110 G (more bulbuous nacelles and spinners) you'll need the Revell or Monogram rendition. A lovely kit, you can get the G-4 nightfighter with radar antenna or the G-2 fighter version. What the hell, build all of them!

hth

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

You can also try and find the Mauve 110 G 4 and try that lots of parts added to the original fujimi kit, and very nice decals for Martin Drews A/C Also has the smaller central radar array.The build up pic on the box is impressive. (new nose, tail, canopy, white metal prop baldes, nacelle bulges, LOT's of pe, other white metal, and wire :) Looks like a royal pain to build, but got to give them credit Mauve tried hard. The original $150 list price did kill it. I got mine for $75. I have no idea what they go for now.

Azzz1588